Raptor Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to start up the Raptor yesterday and it was just cranking and cranking then it backfired. Is my plug most likely fouled? I havnt had a chance to check it yet but I went ahead and ordered a couple NGK Iridium CR8EIX's so I'll be replacing the plug tomorrow. But if anybody has any ideas of anything else it could be I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

·
Registered
779 Posts
Were you touching the throttle at all while trying to start it?

·
Registered
13 Posts
need more info:
is there gas in it ?
is the plug wet or dry after cranking?
is the plug firing?
it can only be 2 things , no fuel or no spark
see if you have spark with a new plug by pluggin' it in the spark plug boot while holding it against the head and crank it over. do you see a spark in the spark plug gap?
this would be a good place to start, then you will know where to start lookin' :eek:

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
live2wheel700 said:
need more info:
is there gas in it ?
is the plug wet or dry after cranking?
is the plug firing?
it can only be 2 things , no fuel or no spark
see if you have spark with a new plug by pluggin' it in the spark plug boot while holding it against the head and crank it over. do you see a spark in the spark plug gap?
this would be a good place to start, then you will know where to start lookin' :eek:
i guarantee if you hold the plug there you will get the thrill of your life out of it, make sure you use something that will insulate you from the plug... ;)

·
Registered
13 Posts
[/quote]i guarantee if you hold the plug there you will get the thrill of your life out of it, make sure you use something that will insulate you from the plug... ;)
[/quote]

where is your sense of adventure?

you're right , if you dont do it right , it will bite!

if you hold it by the threads while the threads are touching metal on the motor , i promise you it wont bite. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It was the plug. Thanks anyways everyone

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
On the same day my rhino and raptor's plugs both went bad, the raptor started then quite then wouldn't start, but the plug would still spark really good! but I threw in a new one anyway and crank right up, crazy day

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
well i put one of those iridium plug in a week ago, and fouled it friday night,put the stocker back in and works great,screw that over priced plug :mad:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.