Raptor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, b
New to the forum I hope this is the correct place to post. I recently bought a 05 raptor 660r. Previous owner left gas sit for a year, but said it ran before that. I put a new battery in it, cleaned the tank out with new gas a few times, and took apart the carb and cleaned it all out. Put everything back together, but it won’t run. If I spray starter fluid into it it will run, but choke out right when I stop spraying. Seems like the engine isn’t getting any gas. What do you think my next step is to get this girl running? Thank you

·
Super Moderator
8,077 Posts
The 660 would not have a fuel pump. It is not fuel injection so I would remove the gas line leading to the carbs, aim it in a bucket and turn the petcock on, making sure gas is flowing through it. Make sure there is no inline filter that might be clogged as well as the one in the tank right at the petcock assembly.

Reactions: ddelc23

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The 660 would not have a fuel pump. It is not fuel injection so I would remove the gas line leading to the carbs, aim it in a bucket and turn the petcock on, making sure gas is flowing through it. Make sure there is no inline filter that might be clogged as well as the one in the tank right at the petcock assembly.
Thank you, I will try this later today and see if I get any results. Will keep everyone posted in case they have the same problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I cleaned the carb again and got her running. Ran it pretty heavy in neutral to get the gas flowing. Noticed some gas leaking from two small tubes that weren’t hooked up to anything. Should there be two breather valves coming from the carb tucked up in the frame? I’m thinking maybe one of the needle valves didn’t seat properly and causing the gas to leak. When I got heavy on the gas the engine seemed to stall out a bit as well. Any ideas? The reverse light was blinking I don’t know if that means anything.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts