Raptor Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey need a quick response fr4om one of you guys. I have a 06 700, and Im trying to hook up my Pro Armor tether kill switch. The instructions say on wire goes to the frame ground and the other goes to the wire between the ignition coil and stator. Where is this at? Is this the only place to wire it in to? I was going to wire it into my engine kill button, but it says not to. Any better ways, or help would be appreciated, Im in a hurry to get to a racde this afternoon, but have been gone, so no time to work on it. Thanks :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
Follow your spark plug wire back and you will find your coil. Now at the coil there should a wire that is plugged into it. That wire goes to your stator.. Good luck.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Back to follow up with this same basic question, just bought this same switch for the local mx track, luckily they didnt check ours so we got away w/o them this time. But I would like to install this switch and i looked at the coil but theres 2 wires to it,one on top and one on the bottom of the coil. Im looking for the wire that runs to the stator. I have the manual but havent really looked that good at it yet,maybe the schematics are in it so its easy but probly not.? Also buddy of mine got the same one for his ltr450 and he read that its not good to hook up this way bcuz of the f.i. and the cpu.? Not sure if that can be true but surely lot of ppl have to have these already on w the same 2 wire hook up. Any input would be great and only if its right.haha. thx J

1 - 3 of 3 Posts