Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this sounds really dumb but my pro grip grips just wont stick. Ive tried w-d 40 Brake fluid and grip glue they just wont stick i think im going to try gorilla glue next if u have any suggestions please tell me.

·
Registered
66 Posts
try cleaning the grips with denatured alcohol and then try the grip glue

·
Registered
239 Posts
i was told to use spray paint, lubes it when it goes on and sticks it when it dries, it worked a treat for me

Ben

·
Registered
963 Posts
Ryans Roostin Raptor said:
I install mine the same as golf clubs.

do you use the golf club tape?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Step one:

Take your favorite spray paint color and lightly coat the inside of your grips

Step two:

slide your grips on

Step three:

If the slid on realy easy they sold you the wrong grips

Step four:

go back and get the right grips

·
Registered
135 Posts
hair spray works for me too :thumbsup:

·
Registered
492 Posts
snowman said:
Step one:

Take your favorite spray paint color and lightly coat the inside of your grips

Step two:

slide your grips on

Step three:

If the slid on realy easy they sold you the wrong grips

Step four:

go back and get the right grips

I think I agree with snowman...I think you might have the wrong diameter grips or maybe they were for dirtbike. :crazy:

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I have Pro Grips on mine.

Make sure you clean off all of the original glue. I put mine on w/o glue and the left one kept walking off the handlebar (the pic is pre-glue and if you look close you can see it's all turned around the wrong way). I took it off, cleaned the original grip's glue off the handlebars, used Renthal grip glue when re-installing and it's stuck on there good.

I put a liberal amount of glue on the handle bar and twisted the grip front to back while it was going on. It's stuck on good now.

Now I kind of wish the right side would come loose so I can glue it - lol.

Shawn

·
Registered
412 Posts
Raptor_rpr said:
I use hair spray!! :thumbsup: never had a prob
\

+1 ... works great, lubes the grip, goes on transparent, dries fast. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
751 Posts
I had the same problem this weekend. I was doing a wheeling and all of a sudden my right side grip came off in my hand causing me to flip it. oops.. Figures, brand new plastics too.. Since I was in the middle of no where. I used one of those lighters that you light grills with.. I got the insides all warmed and gooey and slapped it on real fast, havnt had a problem yet. Other than that aqua net.. the hairspray works real well

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have put grips on jet skis and motorcycles, Aqua Net Hair Spray is the stuff to use...... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ok thanks i think ill try the hair spray but i even tried this supossively really good glue yesterday and today i was ridin they were fine then i started ridin the wheelies and the outside of the grips started moving if it gets worse ill try the hairspray thanks again

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Since you've had so many failures...

Make sure the old stuff is cleaned off good. Are the grips stretched out from coming off so much?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts