Raptor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its 10:30pm, i just took out my raptor after my dad went to work and its fucked up! now idk if its from not starting it in a month or what but it smells strange, it has no low end when u push the gas half way in then it takes off but it sputters? WHAT THE FUCK it wasnt warmed completely up but the head had heat in it so what is it?

HELP NEEDED FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tips? warning? What should i do???? it better not be serious:mad:

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
836 Posts
how much gas does it have? you wouldn't believe the amount of times I thought there was something wrong with my quad but really it was low on gas.
There shouldn't be anything wrong with it after only a month of sitting. I had a raptor 80 that sat untouched for over a year with the petcock valve open and it was fine..
Not being fully warmed up wouldn't matter. I only give my quad about a minute or two to warm up before I ride.
The fact that you said your valves need adjustment doesn't really help with performance.

·
Registered
836 Posts
stale gas?

·
Registered
836 Posts
it's probably some stupid little problem that can be fixed easily, happens to me all the time..

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nooo it wasnt even a month maybe 3 weeks, i filled it up, rode it, parked it, thats it. it haas plenty of gas. is it a valve problem? i still think it need to be drivin more. its gonna get a healthy warm up tomorrow weather my dad is sleeping or not

·
Registered
836 Posts
Thats really odd that it would do that.. If it does it again, take a video and post it on here.
Not sure what would cause that to happen other than a really really lean a/f mixture down low, but your quad is completely stock so that would't even apply..
Theres plenty of gas
Ehh, not sure if valves would cause that to happen.
I doubt your clutch is slipping.. unless you purposely hold the clutch right where it is starting to engage at like 3/4 of the way out on purpose lol...

could a piece of dirt managed to have wedged itself into your pilot jet? does it run rough at idle?
really not sure what would cause this...

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Idles perfect, I believe it needs a good warm up. If it does it again then u can expect a video in the near future. I asked my friend and he said the same stuff as u. How long does it take gas to spoil in this weather?

It was sorta like a 2stroke powerband in a way, no low end but in the transition from 1/4 to 1/2 throttle it just kicked in and took off but up high it was missing so rough it caused the quad to jump, at first I thought this jump was a flat spot in a tire from sitting on low air pressure, so I pumped em' up so I realized it was the motor. Does this help?

Remember it was dark so I wast aware.lol

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Let me guess...Gas was off? I do that alot...lol

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No I think it just was cold last night from not being run or something, I let it idle for about 5 min then gave it some revs, it was fine. Ha I bet my neighbors didn't appreciate my 10:30pm trip around the block! I know my mom didn't.lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts