Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HEP PRODUCTS is a ATV Accessories company that a few of us on the board have purchased product from. I had the privaledge of speaking with Drew the owner last week and liked what he had to say so I bought the Water Jet Radiator Grill and Coolant Guard! He is committed to providing a quality product at a better price. All parts are hand made and I really love the finish. He would like to build a relationship with the ATV community and the Raptorforum contingent. If you are interested in his product just give him a call, mention That you are from Raptorforum and recieve a 10% discount on your parts order. Pics to come!

Here is a link:
http://www.haleyengineeredperformance.com

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Glad you had a good experience too! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Boom for pointing me in Drews direction!!! I am blown away by the quality!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I absolutely LOVE my grill and coolant guard! they look awesome!
What color stuff did you go with?
Look like this?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
and this:

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He has 2 different black... a gloss and a flat textured, I went with the textured! SWEET! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ChiknNutz went with the yellow. We will have pics of bothg of ours.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Sweet....I would really like to see the yellow. I was hung up on that for a while.
With my coolant guard....I am guessing I got the textured one??

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Come on Nutz, lets see those yella ones!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Okay okay, drumroll please!!! After long last, I'm posting pix of my HEP mods. Overall, very xlnt quality and craftsmanship...with one exception...the hole that secures the grill guard is a touch too small and needs to be o/s'd with a 13/32" drill bit. Other than that, no complaints, in fact many praises. The grill guard is powder coated aluminum and feels very sturdy after mounting...I'm not worried about the odd rock that comes flying my way towards the grill. Being anal, I applied LocTite to the one and only mounting screw. Up top, it has a thick foam piece that allows it to stand off from the radiator and fits snugly between the instrument cluster shroud. As can be seen, Drew has applied a nice finishing touch to all of the holes to help set it off a bit more...nice attention to detail. As you can also see, HEP has nicely packaged both items and also included instructions with the grill guard. As far as the coolant guard goes, it too is quality construction. Also attending to detail is the inclusion of longer screws to secure it to the bike. Again, I applied Loctite to the 2 mounting screws. This is a nice compliment to the other item, and also affords some added protection from the stray branch that may find it's way up into harm's way. Beyond the products, I've spoken to Drew and am pleased with him and how they do business, so I can heartily recommend HEP for some good quality aftermarket products.

·
Registered
287 Posts
...and a few more to finish it off.

Honest, I don't normally keep my rig so filthy, but after last ride I washed it in near dark, so I didn't get it as good as I thought!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Looks great guys!! Def has me sold on his products when I do those mods. My list is going to include the bottle and rad gaurds and the diamond plate labels all in black. Glad to hear the reviews!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hey Roc64,
I'd like to order a grill like yours. I can tell that your coolant guard is the textured black, but is the radiator grill also the textured black? It's kind of hard to tell from the picture. I have the same color raptor as yours, and I think the black would look sweet. Please let me know. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
PEZ said:
Hey Roc64,
I'd like to order a grill like yours. I can tell that your coolant guard is the textured black, but is the radiator grill also the textured black? It's kind of hard to tell from the picture. I have the same color raptor as yours, and I think the black would look sweet. Please let me know. Thanks!
Ya brother its textured and looks so much better in person! Give Drew a call and you'll be glad you did!!

D

·
0 Posts
I dont know about that yellow, maybe I have to see it in person.Just looks like too much yellow under the front part. must just be me. looks like quality though :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
dizheafta said:
I dont know about that yellow, maybe I have to see it in person.Just looks like too much yellow under the front part. must just be me. looks like quality though :thumbsup:
Quality is TOP NOTCH!

·
Registered
94 Posts
nice grill :thumbsup: ?

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thanks, no rocks gonna get throught that!

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
man......now I am wondering if I should have gone with the yellow coolant guard!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts