Raptor Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
air box- ive opened up the snorkel and lid as much as possible. I installed a one inch uni filter plug. Running a drop in K & N.

Carb- #25 pilots, 150 and 155 mains, air/fuel screws set at 2 1/2 turns out and alba needles with the clip in the 4th notch from the top.

Exhaust- stock with the baffle removed.

What its doing- idles perfect. From idle to wide open, perfect. From 1/4 to half and maybe 3/4 throttle it starts to spit and sputter and even die. Can I assume its not getting enough gas at this point?

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
air box- ive opened up the snorkel and lid as much as possible. I installed a one inch uni filter plug. Running a drop in K & N.

Carb- #25 pilots, 150 and 155 mains, air/fuel screws set at 2 1/2 turns out and alba needles with the clip in the 4th notch from the top.

Exhaust- stock with the baffle removed.

What its doing- idles perfect. From idle to wide open, perfect. From 1/4 to half and maybe 3/4 throttle it starts to spit and sputter and even die. Can I assume its not getting enough gas at this point?
If the snorkel is removed and the airbox is as modified as you say, you will need at least 160 to 165 mikuni mains and aftermarket needles, I have no experience with the alba needles but they should be at least half way up...........

1 - 2 of 2 Posts