Raptor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been around reading the forums here for a few weeks now so I figured I would make an account and join the action.. I bought a 01 660 about a year ago non running no intake no seat plastics busted all up so I put it back together but it backfires and falls on its face about 3/4 throttle .. I tried everything jets valve adjustment finally gave up and just rode it that way all last year. Well I broke it out a few weeks ago and rode decided the problem had to be in the carbs so I pulled them only to find my choke wad stuck this whole time. Ordered the parts waiting for them to come in hopefully that cures it but was just wondering where I should be jetting wise I'm in grand junction colorado right at 5000 feet. The motor is stock from what I can tell I'm running a k n air filter with a cut box so intake is modified I just want to make sure I'm at least close with the carbs before I rule them out if it's still doing it. Any help is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
aftermarket needles, 25 pilot jets, and at least 155-160 mains, being that high of altitude u may not need to run the 160-165 mains(staggered, the right carb runs a size bigger jet)

·
Master of the Electron
14,507 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok got her back together and it's a world better but still not right at full throttle its got a hesitation now just a slight hiccup as it enters the upper rpms I'm thinking it's got to be needles what position is what on them aka do I need to go up or down with them

1 - 5 of 5 Posts