Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Having issues with water and bogging down
I'm having the same problem, mine happens when I go from high acceleration to deceleration. It'll start to bog out and ill try and save it by pulling in the clutch n tapping the gas but then it just turns off. I deep cleaned the carb 3 times and it was still backfiring and bogging out terribly. I ordered a carb rebuild kit just incase it has something to do with the carb. I cleaned my Air Filter twice. I adjusted the choke. But the odd thing is, it will idle perfectly fine but then when i ride it, its a whole different story. Still not sure why it is doing it but, if its not the carb, air filter, spark plug/plug cap, then im thinking its the parking break wire. I'll see if my parking break is connected tomorrow. I have read tons of threads where people are having the same exact problem with there raptor and they are just as lost as we are

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have u checked the valves?
What kind if air filter
You can try to see if your thermostat is actually working?
If you have had it out mabey its not in correctly.
Theres a small hole in the thermostat that should be on the top

·
Registered
57 Posts
Have u checked the valves?
What kind if air filter
You can try to see if your thermostat is actually working?
If you have had it out mabey its not in correctly.
Theres a small hole in the thermostat that should be on the top
No i havent checked the valves but it doesnt feel like a valve problem. But I can check them tomorrow if i find the gages.

I have a K&N Air filter

How do you check your thermostat is actually working lmao?

My thermostat light on my bars flashes once when i hit the electric start up button n then turns off

·
Registered
57 Posts
You can pull the cap and let it run until hot
You should see it flowing when it opens
I did a carb rebuild n new spark plug n that stopped 95% of the problems, now only problem is the bike dies out on deceleration Bc of it being hot and I figured out why the bike is hot asf lmao, the fan and radiator sensors were fried. So I bought a replacements, just waiting on them to come in the mail. It should fix the last of the many problems I ran into lol

·
Registered
57 Posts
I did a carb rebuild n new spark plug n that stopped 95% of the problems, also cut green n yellow and caulked it and covered up also had some air leakage in rubber pipes so I covered them up . Now only problem is the bike dies out on deceleration Bc of it being hot and I figured out why the bike is hot asf lmao, the fan and radiator sensors were fried. So I bought a replacements, just waiting on them to come in the mail. It should fix the last of the many problems I ran into lol

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I recommend engine ice antifreeze
Helps keep the engine much cooler
I ran my fan directly to the key switch so its always on when the macine is running
Im glad you figured it out and hope you're brapping soon

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hows the riding down there?
Its getting harder to find places to ride up here.
Im about an hour north of nyc.
We usually plan 1 big trip to tall pines atv park near buffalo .

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hows the riding down there?
Its getting harder to find places to ride up here.
Im about an hour north of nyc.
We usually plan 1 big trip to tall pines atv park near buffalo .
Mostly around here there is just sand pits and trails scattered everywhere

by the way my bike is still turning off around 3 rd gear deceleration

1 - 20 of 35 Posts