Raptor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can High Performance Spark plugs really add performance or is it a waste of money?
Has anyone used a high performance spark plug and notice a performance increase, what spark plug is the best for my 686cc motor

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
the only thing that most of us are using is the iridium NGK s. plug . part number cr8eix

·
Registered
584 Posts
Yep I run that plug and although I cant say it did very much, it didnt hurt anything. Worth it for $7. Even for a spare.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I use the CR8EIX irridium plug and love it. I wouldn't say that it adds power. I just like it for easier starting and it is harder to foul. In fact I can bump the throttle when cold with the irridium plug. That used to foul the standard plug immediately.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How often should the spark plug be changed. See i dont ride my quad all that often in the winter, I do keep up on the oil changes using a K&N Oil filter and Ams Oil 10w40 should the spark plug be changed every time i change my oil? What are the other 700r owners doing?

·
Registered
584 Posts
Since its so easy to get to the plug there isnt any reason not to atleast pull and check it every 20hrs or so. Itll also tell you how your tune is.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts