·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
do these use both high and low beams, I wanted some that could use both

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
No they don't. But honestly what do you need low beams for? Unless your riding on the road and need to dim them for oncoming traffic. I wanted them both as well but then thought what the hell do I need dims for on the trails and dunes LOL
There may be another kit out there that has both but I couldn't find them at the time I bought mine.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok, do you have any picts of how bright they are?

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Yeah here's a pic. And they are Hella bright man you wont have a problem seeing anymore and that's a fact LOL Keep in mind these pics are during the day. And these are the 55W 6000K. The higher K rating you go the more blue/purple they get but not as bright and uncomfortable to the eyes. I see a lot of guys who completely remove their stock lights and go with the Trailtech torch HID's which are also extremely bright. But I actually like the look of the stock headlight better than a little torch light like this http://trailtech.net/stock_location_hid_scmr16.html
But if you really wanna get something cool that very few people have check these out http://www.miedl-design.com/englisc...fd239/00000099fc0e1c155/00000099fd062a525.php

Attachments

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok, thanks man, those others are sick lookin!

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Yeah they're badass for sure. They are a lot like the yamaha R1 headlights. And the shroud is carbon fiber. But keep in mind that price is in german euro's LOL and our dollar took a big shit. So they are gonna be spendy for sure and you gotta get them shipped internationally. Prolly not worth it unless you have some bucks to blow :)

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I dont think the would look right on mine anyway, my front fenders are shaved and I dont want anything biger than stock, those things look huge

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Well in that case the TT torch lights might be the way to go. They are expensive though... But amazingly bright! No brighter than my 100 dollar HID kit though.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well in that case the TT torch lights might be the way to go. They are expensive though... But amazingly bright! No brighter than my 100 dollar HID kit though.
lol, I like the torches but their out of my budget, I think ill just get some like yours, I plan on putting some new front fenders on anyway

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Yeah you wont be dissapointed. It took me about an hour to get them all plumbed in. You gotta splice into your high beam wire, mount the ballasts and relays on the crossmember just behind the radiator and cut little slits in the rubber boot that covers your headlight in the back. I used brush on electrical tape to seal it back up and it worked great. One of the springs in the bulbs was a little weak so I stretched it a bit to give some more tension but other than that it was a piece of cake.

·
Registered
319 Posts
heres a pic of mine, i have both low and high beam, this was low i think, i mounted the ballest using the bolt at the top of the headlight mounting bracket

Attachments

·
Registered
319 Posts
it hard to see but u will get the idea:D

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.