Raptor Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Update Aug 7th - I've got some supplies in house now and am only looking at about a 3 day turn around rather than 2 weeks on the solder-in kits. And its about a 1 week turn around on the plug and play stuff cause I'm buying the boots and harnesses from my local yamaha dealer.

These are the bulb colors I have left. I only assemble them as they are ordered:
(2 pair) 6000k
(3 pair) 10,000k
(3 pair) 12,000k

I can still order in anything you want, these are what I have sitting here on the shelf.
:thumbsup:

This is a help me pay for sponsorship sale ha ha ha
The first 10 Raptor forum members that pay up front for their kits will get the slim-line ballast upgrade FREE OF CHARGE.

This is first come first serve, money talks.

Plug and Play kits:
$180 for a single headlight kit with the standard ballast. +$20 for a slim line ballast. 1yr YEAR NO HASSLE WARRANTY against manufacture defects.

$290 for a dual headlight kit with standard ballast + $40 for the slim line ballasts. 1yr YEAR NO HASSLE WARRANTY against manufacture defects.

*** It costs me about $30 for both light harnesses. Or you can send me yours and I'll mod it free of charge for any forum member and make it plug and play. ***

Solder in kits:
$150 for a single headlight kit with the standard ballast. +$20 for a slim line ballast. 1yr YEAR NO HASSLE WARRANTY against manufacture defects.

$260 for a dual headlight kit with standard ballast + $40 for the slim line ballasts. 1yr YEAR NO HASSLE WARRANTY against manufacture defects.

You can choose colors from 4,300k(OEM white), 6,000k(white/light blue), 8,000k(white/blue), 10,000k(white/blue-purple), 12,000k(white/purple).
Custom colors are $20 extra and are as follows; golden yellow (3000k),
purple (30,000k).

These kits are 3200lumens 35W each. The cleanest light seems to come from 6000k. The most bling is found in the 10,000k and 12,000k. If you're a desert Racer, then I strongly suggest the 3000k golden yellow.

4300k produces the highest lumens. The further you go away from that, the less lumens you get. However for some reason 6000k gives the best general purpose light because its very close to pure white. 4300k looks a little grey/yellow. 4300k is also the OEM color/temp used on most factory vehicles. The cool blue/purple hues you see on a Bimmer, or Caddy... don't come from the bulb itself as much as they do from the lens and reflector.

So the two hardest decisions to make are:
1. Which color to get.
2. Where to mount the ballasts.

My prices are delivered / shipped.

My paypal is: [email protected]

For the local Okies or Lil' Sahara visitors/regulars, PM me about doing an "on location" install. I normally charge $20 for an install, but don't mind waiving that for the group buy. I've done a couple installs at the dunes. So if we're going out there at the same time, I don't mind bringing a kit with me.

Thanks,
Rich

Edit: here are pics of the slim-line vs. the standard ballasts.

This is a Raptor 350 on high beams before HID's:

This is the same Raptor 350 after installing a Simple Racing HID kit:

For more info please see the Simple Racing Raptor 350 HID Install thread:
http://www.raptorforum.com/index.php?topic=19090.0

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
PayPal sent for 6000K Solder in Kit w/FREE slimline ballast upgrade !
Quad going into mechanic on Monday so not sure when I can post results.
Rich, other members may be wondering about size differance of ballasts?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sontag_Slim said:
so is everything all sealed....I mean will washing or riding thru water screw things up?

thx
Oh yeah totally sealed. I've ridden in the rain, at the river and the lake. I have another LTR kit coming in today. I'll take some pics and try them under water in a bucket.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Raptor700rmn said:
PayPal sent for 6000K Solder in Kit w/FREE slimline ballast upgrade !
Quad going into mechanic on Monday so not sure when I can post results.
Rich, other members may be wondering about size differance of ballasts?
oh yeah great point let me post up pics of what the next 9 including you are getting as a free upgrade.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Rich S said:
Sontag_Slim said:
so is everything all sealed....I mean will washing or riding thru water screw things up?

thx
Oh yeah totally sealed. I've ridden in the rain, at the river and the lake. I have another LTR kit coming in today. I'll take some pics and try them under water in a bucket.

Cool man.....I will let you know soon!

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Man I'm glad I didn't get the trail techs I was looking at. I've been waiting for someone to come up with a high-po headlight that would fit in the stock housing for a while now. I'll be ordering up a pair as soon as I have the funds. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I didn't get any bucket shots this weekend. The two kits I got in were sold the minute they came in. My local buddies keep scooping them up. So if anyone went to lil sahara this weekend you may have seen them ha ha ha.

I've got some more parts coming in this week for another friend of mine. I'll make sure to throw his in a bucket.

Some solid testing was done on the Raptor350 and the Z400 this weekend. The Z400 performed totally flawlessly. The lil rappy however had a couple issues. If they rode the Raptor solid without stopping to rest every 5 minutes, The lights had no problem. However, When they were doing a bunch of stop and go (turning off the bike and turning it back on ever few minutes to light off fireworks and run ha ha ha) The Battery would wear down some and not light up both HID's. The Raptor 350 they are using is an early model still using the original battery.

So for the time being, I'd like to hold off on selling any dual HID kits to any 350 owners. I'm going to see if I can't cure that issue with a direct wireing kit. which I'll include at no extra charge of course.

This is the reason we chose to do the 350 though. Its a very popular entry level bike. And it has the weakest electrical system along with the kickstarts like the Banshee.

I'll keep you posted.

Thanks,
Rich

D

·
0 Posts
well worth the money Rich, one of the nicest guys to deal with! my 8000k looks killer! thanks so much buddy!

·
Registered
187 Posts
PM Sent :thumbsup:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts