Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For all of those who have HID lights on there raptors, if possible can you post or send pics of your setup and provide info on performance, cost and brand name. I really want to get HID lights before Thanksgiving weekend for my trip back to Glamis. And would be nice to see the different options available before making the purchase. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Heres what mine look like. These are Hella 4000 Compacts. They are $500ea. They require custom mounts to attatch them to the bike. They put out more light then I thought possible. Ive never had a problem with a discharged battery. The bike handles them just fine.

I wired mine so they would turn on with the factory switch on the left side of the handlebar. Everybody else in my group (Banshees) ran a dedicated switch attatched to the front fender. That was a little too ghetto for me.

I was in Glamis over this past weekend. It was very rutted up and hot during the day.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Each or a pair? What size are they? Do they clamp to a round tube, or did you have custom mounts made?

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Glamis700 said:
Heres what mine look like. These are Hella 4000 Compacts. They are $500ea. They require custom mounts to attatch them to the bike. They put out more light then I thought possible. Ive never had a problem with a discharged battery. The bike handles them just fine.

I wired mine so they would turn on with the factory switch on the left side of the handlebar. Everybody else in my group (Banshees) ran a dedicated switch attatched to the front fender. That was a little too ghetto for me.

I was in Glamis over this past weekend. It was very rutted up and hot during the day.
Those lights look silly. I thought that was photoshopped and you was joking. Sorry, but I had to say it.

·
Registered
865 Posts
I don't think they look silly!!! Everybody has a different style, crap I had ricky stators dual 9" baja light kit on my old 400, they might have looked stupid but everyone loved going on night rides with me :grin_nod:

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Haha, yup everyone has a different style and maybe if I rode a bike with 1g in lights I wouldn't care so much about the looks. I just honestly thought it was a joke at first. I am sure they work great, heck they better at "$500ea".

G

·
visionxoffroad.com has plug in H6m HID kits for 400, I have pics posted on here somewhere, big difference.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Heres my setup.... trailtech HID's
]

The lights are WAYYYYYYYYYY Better then stock.. they are a bit pricey but i think its worth it.. the only hard part is getting them aligned perfectly so that when u hit the throttle they still aim at the ground. They're nice though :thumbsup:

·
Registered
78 Posts
GcSChi22,

VERY nice looking bike. Those trailtech HIDs are pretty sano if you ask me.

Good job on it. Personally I don't give a crap about night riding any more. I usually wear myself out enough during the day so at night it's just chillin' by the campfire.

·
Registered
494 Posts
[/quote]
Those lights look silly. I thought that was photoshopped and you was joking. Sorry, but I had to say it.
[/quote]

I didnt use photo shop, thats what they look like. I dont give a fuck if you like them. Judging by your vast GYTR assortment of shit, you seem like a slow rider that likes to ride in the rocks.

People that ride in the dunes, dont need all that bull shit, rather they need HIDs so they can see where they are going. Get educated.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
JMO, get over it ::)
FYI I ride almost all dunes and only go the the mountains when I don't have time for the dunes. Never seen anyone replace stock with huge lights like that, they usually go with the ones like GcSChi22 has.

·
Vendor - Rip Ass Connoisseur & Turbo Junkie
733 Posts
pile0g00 said:
JMO, get over it ::)
FYI I ride almost all dunes and only go the the mountains when I don't have time for the dunes. Never seen anyone replace stock with huge lights like that, they usually go with the ones like GcSChi22 has.
I totally agree with The Goo.................However, thats why we are all the way we are, if you want to paint your bike pink and silver, put 8" super mega lights on your bike ,throw some neon green & Blue strips on and trim your bike with dingle balls I say go for it brother!!! Thats one of the many great things about our country...freedoms of choice.

the only thing I would ask is if you do the dingle's let me know so I can get there to take pictures ;)

Mike

FYI......Just kidd'n with ya Glam........like a few others it wouldnt be my choice but if it works for you thats all that matters.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Dingle Balls :haha:

Glamis, I am sorry if I offended you. I held it in for a while... It was one of those things where you start laughing at something and then realize they are serious. Anyway, like I said before I am sure they get the job done, just not my style.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I hear ya Shredder, If I put dingles, on, ill call ya up. I wouldnt cut my back fenders like you wouldnt install these lights. For the record they are 6", not 8".

Id type more but im late for my trip to Yamaha of Mormon to pick up some GYTR accessories. They aint seen no HIDs like dat in Utah brudder.

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
WOW you guys put some $$$ down for lights!! I put some Walmart special fog lamps on my wifes 02' Blaster and they are hella bright!! I think I'd rather pay 50 bucks and modify the mounts, but I'm Dutch so we can do that :grin_nod:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,393 Posts

·
VIP AKA Corn Dog
1,855 Posts
I bought a set of the HID lights from Trail Tech for my wife's LTZ400, and they are UN-FRIGGEN-BELIEVABLE! :eek: The set was around $350-$400 for them, but they are handlebar mounted, and it came with the clamp that replaced the plastic one on the LTZ as well, and a push button switch. This LTZ had really bad lights, and they couldn't adjust very far, so she needed something that would let her see better at night.

After I get my exhaust, PCIII and Filter, I'll be investing in some HID MR16's next year and put them in the stock lights place. If you ride at night, especially at places like Glamis, up and down Oldsmobile and Comp hill, they are worth every penny, but if you rarely ride at night, they are not a justified cost.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.