Raptor Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
IMO wattage is wattage. i wouldnt think so.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
I bought a set of stock replacement HID's. I don't like them at all! They are a heavy light, and broke my stock light mount off. I do minimal jumping so keep this in mind!! I am going to mount the on the handle bars or on the front end somewhere!! Other than that, they are kick ass lights!! Light up a football field, damn near!! lol

·
Registered
596 Posts
go for it dude. im not much of a night rider so i can less about the lightin you know but a football field? damn those must be some bright ass lights

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
The only problem I foresee with the automotive type HIDs is that the ballast is HUGE.

The trailtechs are all self-contained.

Where did you find a reasonably priced HID setup to fit our stock housing? Got a link?

I'm probably going to end up with a pair of trailtechs mounted on my GYTR bumper.

Shawn

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No i got the hids from a wrecked infiniti fx35 the small suv. I hooked the up already but when i turn them on they flicker, it seems as if the bike doesnt have enough power to push them. Has anyone had this problem or any suggestions? Or do they bolt right up but my hids are busted?

G

·
Hid's from a car/truck will fit with modding, There are like 2 companies that offer the H6M HID kits, and there like 400 bucks. My old raptor I modded a HID set from a Lincoln to fit and they work great, but for my 700r I bought the visionx kit and they offer a lifetime warranty on the bulbs. Any HID questions pm me for details.

p.s I use to work for Phillips and made HIDS. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
dizheafta said:
Hid's from a car/truck will fit with modding, There are like 2 companies that offer the H6M HID kits, and there like 400 bucks. My old raptor I modded a HID set from a Lincoln to fit and they work great, but for my 700r I bought the visionx kit and they offer a lifetime warranty on the bulbs. Any HID questions pm me for details.

p.s I use to work for Phillips and made HIDS. :thumbsup:
Very cool to know u worked there, ill keep that in mind.. Maybe i should yank my HID's out of my audi and stick them in the rappy :grin_nod:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I read up and the stator shouldnt be able to handle the two 35 watt hid ballasts. We hooked it up and they dont come on, but when we hook them up to a battery charger or battery directly they do. Whats up?

G

·
my old 660 does without a blink of an eye, your 700 should do it. Are you sure you got positive and negative correct? :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Maybe his stator is wearing out!! My '03 lights up the trailtech HID's but it's like a metal halide bulb! They need a second or two to fire up. A little longer when it's like -25 but the still spark up.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.