Raptor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will I need to change my tune on the PCIII when I install a high comp piston and a stage II cam?

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Yes, if you search this topic you may find out why but I know it will need to be changed based on hearing others discuss this before.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did a search before I posted this thread and I just did it again incase I missed something. But I can't find anything that says you HAVE to retune your PCIII after putting a HC Piston and Cam. I know it would be make more power than without. I guess I'm asking will it run too lean if I don't?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So could i just bump the tune up a notch or 2 on the PowerCommander itself? Like for the high mid low settings? Cus my laptop with the map program is all f-ed up so I can't use the computer.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No one? :3question:

·
Registered
793 Posts
I havent got my bike yet from the shop so I have never worked with a PCIII. All I know is that adding a cam and piston will not be a major change in the mapping.

·
Registered
468 Posts
where do i get a map for my pcIII once i add the cam and piston??

·
Registered
793 Posts
That was a major problem for me. What I did to solve it was buy a wideband sensor. You could also check with rocket factory because they could get you one although you would probably have to pay for it. Around $70 maybe. And the best you could do is take it to a dyno shop.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts