Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thinking of just do a cheap season this year and maybe a bit of cosmetic so a CP 11:1 and hot cam 3 for xtra grunt worth it

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
thinking of just do a cheap season this year and maybe a bit of cosmetic so a CP 11:1 and hot cam 3 for xtra grunt worth it
Of course! I'd go with the TQS 11.5:1 though for about the same price and still runs pumps gas. More bang for the buck! I did a 11:1 and HC2 and I'm very pleased with the difference.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
You gonna love it bro

·
Registered
555 Posts
cam choice depends on riding ap. if you spend the majority of time above 6k rpm get the HC3. if you want more hp/t off idle to 6k rpm go with the HC2. the HC2 will also give you increased cylinder pressures.

·
Super Moderator
17,058 Posts
I wouldn't call the HC3 a baby cam, and I agree you should find a lot of useable power with that setup if you like to rev it out.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Stage 3 cam is a good choice, along with a higher compression piston.........

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts

·
Registered
3,302 Posts
I wouldn't call the HC3 a baby cam, and I agree you should find a lot of useable power with that setup if you like to rev it out.
I dunno MD. I've always referred to the hotcams as baby cams as well. I don't think there is one with less lift than this one (not counting stock), but I could be wrong.

Although the title says high comp and I wouldn't consider 11:1 high comp. :lol:

Max9string, as others have stated, this is a very common and proven combo. You'll be pleasantly surprised how much it'll wake your engine up. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
5,195 Posts
You want some grunt, do a +5 hot rod crank, 14:1 piston, and an HC2... that would be a fun ride. All for around 800 bucks

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
How hard is it for you to get race gas or avgas? Lots of people want to push compression limits, while it only takes one batch of bad gas to end your motor.
its impossible highest octane gas I can put my hands on is 91 oct and mix it klotz octane booster to around 92 - 94 oct

·
Super Moderator
17,058 Posts
I dunno MD. I've always referred to the hotcams as baby cams as well. I don't think there is one with less lift than this one (not counting stock), but I could be wrong.

Although the title says high comp and I wouldn't consider 11:1 high comp. :lol:

Max9string, as others have stated, this is a very common and proven combo. You'll be pleasantly surprised how much it'll wake your engine up. :thumbsup:
The HC3 is about as "big" of a cam as you can fit without clearancing the rocker arms. No it's not comparable to the megacycle x2 and 4 and web 290 or some of the builder cams but as you stated it's capable of really waking up the engine. Perhaps it's just my frame of reference, I don't have experience with .480 and .500 lift cams and I'd wager a lot of others don't either so we're comparing the HC3 to stock where the HC3 doesn't look like quite so tiny.

·
Registered
3,302 Posts
I see your point MD. Comparing the HC to stock it is not a baby. I was really surprised how much it woke mine up when I put in a HC2.

I look at this a little different. With the HC being a .405 intake lift cam (stock is .386), it's not much compared to others available which surpass the .500 mark. When comparing all aftermarket cams available, it's the baby cam to me. :lol:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts