Raptor Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys, first of all, i wanna say, my raptor is my life and if i can cet any help would be so greatfull.

i have a 686 with 12-1 piston, i was wondering does anyone have suggestions for ignition timing changes to maximise performance.
i have a dynatek programable ignition, so i can input anything.
i was advised no more than 34 to 36 max advance.
thanks u guys

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i was wondering was there anybody running simmilar setup? what sort of power i should be making?
the facalities are very very limited on this little island so any minor upgrade is a 'big thing".
i have no idea what sort of curve to use, but i have tuned it as best i can, it is responsive to the stab of the throttle, pulls well right through and revs near right out, but it spits blue flame with gentle 3rd revs blips - why????
is there a rule of thumb for compression increase-timing change?
thanks

·
Super Moderator
17,063 Posts
I haven't seen much in the way of hp increases from timing changes on the 660 motor, except for some high altitude applications that I haven't seen duplicated.

Even when comparing the pre-programmed curves on the Dyna there's not a statistically significant increase from stock.

I'm just curious, what elevation are you at and what fuel are you using?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks mad dog, i think im about 600ft just and i usually run pump gas which i think is either 95 or 97 - risky i know with a 12 to 1, i usually add octane booster though.
when im going to thrash it i would run av-gas. thanks

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i ment to say, ive seen claims of 6 horse with the dynatec ignition- think it was outta controll racing, he was running a 686 and other simmilar set up to me

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
allistairc123 said:
i ment to say, ive seen claims of 6 horse with the dynatec ignition- think it was outta controll racing, he was running a 686 and other simmilar set up to me
If you look further down in the "660 modifications" home page you'll see something I posted called "dyno testing results" you can see all the pre-programmed dyna curves and how they performed vs the stock curve.

The 2 retarded curves I told you to program did not show a large power increase but the motor did rev quicker.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.