Raptor Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which Piston do you guys reccommend running?? JE, Wiseco, or other?

·
Registered
689 Posts
Pretty much everyone is running the JE piston. No problems yet.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
If I were JUST doing a high comp stock bore, I would look at the cp pistons. They proved to be really good in the yfz...and a few members have the 11.1 cp in theirs.

I will be going with the JE...as I am going with the 734...and need the 105.5 bore piston.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I've got a wiseco 11:1. Looks very nice and easy install with a flowed head.

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
135boom said:
If I were JUST doing a high comp stock bore, I would look at the cp pistons. They proved to be really good in the yfz...and a few members have the 11.1 cp in theirs.

I will be going with the JE...as I am going with the 734...and need the 105.5 bore piston.

Kenz uses the CP piston in their 780 stroker 8)

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
RaptorRandy27 said:
135boom said:

Kenz uses the CP piston in their 780 stroker 8)

....Well there you go. I know if I had my choice for a 10.75.1 piston in a 734, I would pick the CP. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
815 Posts
11:1 - - have to run at least a mix of race gas and regular (although i have heard of some guys running regular gas..)

10.75:1 - -pump gas

12:1 - - RACE GAS

Plattner

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
i know for a fact in racecars,
<10:1 93 octane will do
10:1-12:1 its gotta be 100-104 ( cam 2 will do)
>12:1 strictly c-12 or better especially for high rpms
remember the octane rating is actually the gas vapor resistance to pre-ignite from temp/pressure and keep it fat. it doesen't take much to crack a ring at high temp/pressure and pre-ignition ( when shit starts to melt the piston is the first to go, it's the softest part)

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
i need to move out there cause c-16 is killin me at 9.60 a gallon and it takes 1 gal per run :( :( :(

·
Premium Member
6,553 Posts
Wiseco 11:1 here....will let ya know how she does ;)
All of the above listed piston manufactures are good :thumbsup:
BTW, 101 Street blaze VP fuel here :grin_nod:

·
Registered
262 Posts
I have about 40 hours on 91 octane on a CP 11:1 no hints of smoke or problems at all

1 - 16 of 16 Posts