Raptor Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 Raptor 660. Starts up great and runs pretty good. Only problem is it will randomly start high idleing. It'll just be parked, sitting by its self and just start high idling. It also starts to high idle when I'm riding it, the other day I was riding it and had to slow down but it started high idling and I almost took out a tree :wow: lol. Any idea what the problem might be?

·
Premium Member
3,166 Posts
we might be related :D

anyways check your intake boots between the carbs and motor and see if they are cracked anywhere. also wait for it to idle up and blip the throttle real fast....if that fixes it you might have something jammed up in your carbs

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
I have a 2001 Raptor 660. Starts up great and runs pretty good. Only problem is it will randomly start high idleing. It'll just be parked, sitting by its self and just start high idling. It also starts to high idle when I'm riding it, the other day I was riding it and had to slow down but it started high idling and I almost took out a tree :wow: lol. Any idea what the problem might be?
Could be caused by a vacuum leak or too small pilot jets or dirty pilot jets, meaning your A/F ratio is too lean at idle...............

1 - 3 of 3 Posts