Raptor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The guy said it has a 740 sumthen big bore and a stage 2 cam. I know it needs a power comander and it needed a new TPS I put in the new TPS and the black smoke stoped. Now it idles extreamly high. Is this because its too lean? I know its too lean but Im not sure if the lean issue would cause it to idle too high. Also what is the best power comander to bye? III Or V or would a different brand controler be better? It has a fmf power bomb header and a gytr muffler and a gytr filter with no lid

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Do you have an exhaust for it? Get a full exhaust for it preferably duals. Then get PCV, all this time you should not even start it! NO FUEL CONTROLLER = NO STARTING!!!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok n yes I have an fmf header and a gytr exhaust so pc5 it is then if any one is selling one I would be happy to buy it

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I might be able to sell you a pc3 soon. The only thing different is that you can run it with autotune which is a little thing that you can use to tune the bike urself instead of taking it to a dyno... But you should check the parts for sale section for a fuel controller!

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
There are two idle adjustments that need to be made!
1st Back out the idle screw until there is little to no pressure on the spring.
2nd unscrew the 10mm locknut on the idle plunger right next to the idle stop screw and turn the little flathead inner screw out until the motor is almost gonna die.
3rd unscrew the tps torx screws until you can turn the tps either direction.
4th using a multimeter, unplug the tps and touch the top electrode with the black prong and the second electrode down with the red multimeter prong.
Make sure your meter is set to amps and it should read between .70-.74 ohm
Anytime you change either idle adjustment on the TB you must readjust your tps.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Ooops lol Yes I meant ohms ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts