Raptor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
D :help:eek:es anyone know an easy way to aligin the the front end w/23" tires :help: :help: :help:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had the same problem, my quad would wobble horribly when i would hit about 50. Come to find out, its because i put slime in all four tires and it made the balance go out of whack. I dont know if you use slime but thats one posiblity.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No slime. but do you have 23" tires in the front?

·
Registered
287 Posts
first make sure your tire pressure is set perfect.

for the front end, many people use a string....tie it so it loops around all four tires.the side wall of your tires is where you gauge your alignment.... tire height shouldn't be a factor.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
can you give me details on the evolution! please

·
Registered
965 Posts
Make sure the handlebars are straight, then make sure both tires are pointing straight forward. To do this, measure from the inside of one tire to a point on the chassis. Make a note of the distance. Repeat this measurement for the other front tire. The reference points on the frame need to be equal distance from the centerline of the vehicle. The measured distances needs to be the same to verify that the tie rod initial settings are equal. Adjust the tie rod ends as needed. Now you may start your toe adjustments. On the leading edge of the front tire about half way up, place one end of the tape measure on the center tread of the tire and take a measurement from the same point on the other tire. Record this measurement. Then repeat this measuring procedure for the rear of the front tire the same height from the ground as you did for the front measurement. Record this measurement. The front measurement needs to be at least ¼ of an inch less than the rear measurement. Always make equal adjustments to both tie rods. More toe-in will decrease the speed and accuracy of your steering input but will increase stability upon deceleration.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.