Raptor Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Beatin' 450's Oughta Be A Sport
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have gotten in to hillclimbs and wanted some advise to be able to fly up hills faster. I have Dobeck Efi programmer, K&N Pro Flow right now and Barkers and HCII that im buying next week. I have 13 14 15 tooth sprockets but never really felt that big of a difference between them. Dont really want a bigger swing or nos. Any advise on gearing? Here is the main hill im climbing

·
THE SAND DUNES HAVE RULES ----- "Follow Them"-
732 Posts
You need to talk to Buddah, he is a member on here & the YFZ 450 forum. Your racing on his stomping grounds. 8)

·
THE SAND DUNES HAVE RULES ----- "Follow Them"-
732 Posts
As of now I am running 20 inch Sand Skates II there getting a little bald so mext year i am going to buy a set of 21 inch skat trak.
21x12x8 Is a good all around size. Paddle type & count will depend on your motor mods & swingarm.

·
Registered
323 Posts
if hillshooting starts to become a obsession for ya, the first thing you can do is start cutting weight off the bike:) there's a lot off extra stuff you can unbolt to pick up some speed'' if you just unbolt that parkingbrake unit and the complete front brake unit,you'll pick up alittle more speed'' after building one of my bikes up for the hill,i finally give up racing with my 250pound but aboard'' i have a 165pound jocky race my bike for me now and what a difference:eek: weight is everything on the hill''

·
Registered
892 Posts
i have a 165pound jocky race my bike for me now and what a difference:eek: weight is everything on the hill''
What fun is that? I hate to borrow anything from Honda but, "I wanna ride".

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
Benefits of weighing a buck fifty.. only weight id like to take off is a JJ&A axle just because thats rotational weight

·
Registered
323 Posts
What fun is that? I hate to borrow anything from Honda but, "I wanna ride".
trust me..i dont like to set back and watch my bike racing,but its so unfair that everybody i race seems to be 80+ pounds less than me:mad: its really cool tho to see my bikes mph on the big end'''with a little guy aboard... wish i was a light guy:(

·
Ridin High.....
961 Posts
trust me..i dont like to set back and watch my bike racing,but its so unfair that everybody i race seems to be 80+ pounds less than me:mad: its really cool tho to see my bikes mph on the big end'''with a little guy aboard... wish i was a light guy:(
go on a diet.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Just how serious on the hillclimbing are you? How much are you willing to give up for general sand riding, trailriding, etc.? You say you don't want a swinger but you could go to a +4" with little effect on duning in general. With my mods, the swinger is the next mod that would make the most sense. I have to roll on the throttle on launch to keep from uncontrollable wheelies.

·
Registered
892 Posts
I run 22" on a stock swinger without rubbing. Probably 1/2"-3/4" clearance.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts