Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which of these should I get
Regular Hauler 22x11x8 7 paddle
Regular Hauler 22x11x8 8 paddle.

Mainly just done riding, hill/tree shots, and some dragging at the Oregon dunes

I currently have the 3 mods- Barkers, ProDesign, K&N.
Plan on doing big bore later this year.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
468 Posts
8's hands down. I even run 10 paddles occasionally but that is overpaddling. I like to be able to talk from having tried them as opposed to what I have heard. The 7's just won't hook as much as the 8's, obviously. My almost stock Raptor spun too much with the 7's. I would never suggest 7 paddles on big bikes. Around here 7 paddles are for 400's and down. Of course that would be on a 20 though not a 22.

Craig,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
468 Posts
Oh and just a side note. Have you ever compared extremes side by side with regular haulers? Extremes are not a deep blade they are just thicker and more durable. Skat Trak pointed this out to me when ordering and sure enough when I compared them it was so.

Craig,
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
17,061 Posts
NVMYRC said:
Oh and just a side note. Have you ever compared extremes side by side with regular haulers? Extremes are not a deep blade they are just thicker and more durable. Skat Trak pointed this out to me when ordering and sure enough when I compared them it was so.

Craig,
True but the reason they grip more is because they don't give as much as the regular haulers do, they dig in harder and that's where the difference is. That and they don't roll out as big.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,997 Posts
NVMYRC said:
8's hands down. I even run 10 paddles occasionally but that is overpaddling. I like to be able to talk from having tried them as opposed to what I have heard. The 7's just won't hook as much as the 8's, obviously. My almost stock Raptor spun too much with the 7's. I would never suggest 7 paddles on big bikes. Around here 7 paddles are for 400's and down. Of course that would be on a 20 though not a 22.

Craig,
One of the best drag tires for a 450 is a 21x12x8, 72" rollout 6 paddle hauler.

We run 21x12x8 7 paddle extremes on our raptor and wouldnt run anything else besides paddla brats
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
158 Posts
techquadshop said:
NVMYRC said:
8's hands down. I even run 10 paddles occasionally but that is overpaddling. I like to be able to talk from having tried them as opposed to what I have heard. The 7's just won't hook as much as the 8's, obviously. My almost stock Raptor spun too much with the 7's. I would never suggest 7 paddles on big bikes. Around here 7 paddles are for 400's and down. Of course that would be on a 20 though not a 22.

Craig,
One of the best drag tires for a 450 is a 21x12x8, 72" rollout 6 paddle hauler.

We run 21x12x8 7 paddle extremes on our raptor and wouldnt run anything else besides paddla brats
I agree, I also run 21x12x8 Extremes on my Raptor. :thumbsup:
My comparison I tore up the regular Hauler Very easy in one Season of riding. The extremes Hold up very well to the power.
So It worth the little extra to purchase extremes IMO

Robe
 
G

·
ROBE said:
techquadshop said:
NVMYRC said:
8's hands down. I even run 10 paddles occasionally but that is overpaddling. I like to be able to talk from having tried them as opposed to what I have heard. The 7's just won't hook as much as the 8's, obviously. My almost stock Raptor spun too much with the 7's. I would never suggest 7 paddles on big bikes. Around here 7 paddles are for 400's and down. Of course that would be on a 20 though not a 22.

Craig,
One of the best drag tires for a 450 is a 21x12x8, 72" rollout 6 paddle hauler.

We run 21x12x8 7 paddle extremes on our raptor and wouldnt run anything else besides paddla brats
I agree, I also run 21x12x8 Extremes on my Raptor. :thumbsup:
My comparison I tore up the regular Hauler Very easy in one Season of riding. The extremes Hold up very well to the power.
So It worth the little extra to purchase extremes IMO

Robe
+1
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
130 Posts
What about a 9 paddle extreme? 20x10x10 I have ran a 12 paddle glider and loved them for hillshooting.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
126 Posts
T66balls said:
What about a 9 paddle extreme? 20x10x10 I have ran a 12 paddle glider and loved them for hillshooting.
I agree :thumbsup: I run a 20x10x10 9 paddle extreme, I would not call that over paddling. I only ride at the Oregon coast though, just my .02, for what it's worth :crazy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
130 Posts
GigPig said:
T66balls said:
What about a 9 paddle extreme? 20x10x10 I have ran a 12 paddle glider and loved them for hillshooting.
I agree :thumbsup: I run a 20x10x10 9 paddle extreme, I would not call that over paddling. I only ride at the Oregon coast though, just my .02, for what it's worth :crazy:
Anyone do long hillshoots 200 + yards? Thats what the hillshoots are like in LS Utah. Im worried the 9 paddle may be too much. :3question:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
126 Posts
Anyone do long hillshoots 200 + yards? Thats what the hillshoots are like in LS Utah. Im worried the 9 paddle may be too much. :3question:
[/quote]

You bet, I got the 9 paddle for St. Anthony, ID. There are some crazy tall climbs, maybe 1/4 mile in some places. I was advised that I did not want tire spin to make it up some of those. Very true, before the mods almost ran out of power and gears with Sand Stars, switched to Extremes and not a problem. Now with mods, never a problem, always racing :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
130 Posts
Sweet. The hills in St. Anthony are BIG :eek:. I think im going to go with the 9 paddle extremes. I will let everyone know what I think of them once I run them. :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
126 Posts
There is no way you can go wrong them :grin_nod: :thumbsup:
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top