Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning folks,

I want to get a set of the Hiper rims for my 06 Raptor and wanted to get some feedback on sizing, pricing and maybe some pics. I would like to get the black rims with the blue bead locks or simulated beadlocks.

·
Registered
64 Posts
My buddy got them online, I think it was at carbon tech. Ill try to find some pics. I think he paid 1100 for all 4 carbon beadlocks, on holeshots. Good luck

·
Registered
340 Posts
I have 9x9 dual bead locks on the rear and 10x5 single bead locks on the front. I bought them at East Coast ATV with a set of Razr2 front and rear as a package for 1200.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I got the same thing as the guy Above me, Got the rims from DanaCreechracing.com and Itp Gncc's from Rockymountain, I think it was 1160

·
Registered
211 Posts
have a set rear for sale with integrated hubs 8" $225 shipped p.m. me back black rims with blue bead lock rings

·
Registered
163 Posts
on the hiper website, is that the price for a pair, or just a single wheel?

and what do they mean by 3 + 6 offset AND 4 + 5 offset

·
Registered
623 Posts
jesus, 800 bucks for wheels, are they really worth it for your average rider? they look sweet, but the itp series for like 2xx look close enough for me as far as that goes.

how much weight does it drop over a set of stock rims?

·
Registered
287 Posts
281pony said:
jesus, 800 bucks for wheels, are they really worth it for your average rider? they look sweet, but the itp series for like 2xx look close enough for me as far as that goes.

how much weight does it drop over a set of stock rims?
I HEAR YA!!!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Well if you consider yourself an average rider, well then these rims arent for you. I got them b/c i was sick of my tire breaking the bead on my itp rims. Im gonna start XC racing pretty soon, and everyone recommended them if you wanna get beadlocks, also im gonna have this quad for awhile so i bit the bullet and just got them. They are not too much lighter than regular rims but are about 4x times the strength. Did i mention they look sick 8)

·
Registered
287 Posts
My question is about bead locks in general. How necessary are they for an average trail rider? Is this a real-life problem that happens a lot? I've not ridden enough to experience this, but am wondering if the deal is not IF but WHEN?

·
Registered
211 Posts
they are easy to install a tire on , super strong do not scratch as easy as other beadlocks,pretty much bullet proof . thats the price per rin on the web site. my price is for the rear set which is a steal for that tricked out look! 8) scince there $200 a piece normally my set has 2 raceseasons on them and they still look killer and if you dont like the color rings sell for like $26

·
Registered
429 Posts
I think those carbon wheels are pretty cool but way to spendy for me! Look at it this way, just a set of rims will run you close to what a set of ELKA shocks are going to cost. I ride with a friend of mine that bought some for his 400ex ( needs every bolt on goodie to compensate for being an ex hehehehe ) the funny thing about is he's so damn afraid of wrecking them now he rides even slower. Get a set of .190 ITP's or Douglas and pound the hell out of them, you could get 2 complete sets pf rims and tires, completely burn them down and still be a few hundred bucks ahead. my $.02

·
Registered
283 Posts
If your going to get new tires, I would recommend switching them to your stock rims, Suprisingly the stock rims are pretty strong and have a good bead protector. My stock tires wore pretty fast since I rode on coral rock alot, so i bought some ITP XCR's on Itp G6 rims ( Supposed to be very strong and past some cool tests ) , and told myself only to use them on dirt and sand. So after about my 2nd ride I popped the bead on on my right tire. Took it to the shop, and they said that whoever installed them ( Rocky mountain.com ) did not install it correctly. They also came to the conclusion the rim had alomost no way to protect the bead from coming off, No reinforcing lip like the stockers or Baja's. Thats pretty much what sold me on beadlocks. Oh and by the way the tire fell off about three times, and they said the bead on the tire was totally trashed

·
Registered
683 Posts
luv my hiPers
here is shoot

I only paid 620.00 shipped
I think the guy had to raise his price a little but if you want I can try to dig his # up and pm it over to ya

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey Hippy,

That's the set up I am looking for. I would appreciate any info you have.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts