Raptor Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
The UK's fastest Raptor
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I'm thinking of getting a set of Tech 3 beadlocks as I want a spare set of rims and I'd like the beadlocks to use enduro racing (helps avoid DNFs)

just wanted to hear any really good or bad experiences with them before I buy.

Also are they lighter or heavier than stock wheels?

thanks

Ez

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
I got mine after I bent the crap out of the stock rims. I don't know if they are lighter than stock or not but they are def great rims. I haven't had a single problem with them. THey are easy to change out tires and replacement parts if you happen to break or crack a rim are fairly cheap.

·
The UK's fastest Raptor
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
that's what I wanna hear bud :)

They's gonna cost around $1500-$2000 hear in the UK, so I wanna be sure, especially when I've got a wedding to pay for :banghead:

·
Registered
482 Posts
I have a new set on mine as well, They are tough, I was constantly bending my back rims, Even the ITP's I put on there!! Not a problem with these, Excellent rims...

·
VIP
1,057 Posts
I have the Tech 3's on my 700 with single beadlock fronts and dual rears and I love them. I also have a set of OMF scalloped beadlocks on my 660, which are just a set of Douglas Red labels with the OMF beadlock rings on the outsides and renforcing rings welded to the insides. They are also a very tough combo and would be hard as hell to bend. The outer beadlock ring and the ring welded to the rim are both 3/8" thick aluminum, so together it's 3/4" thick which would take a hell of a hit to bend. :D

I checked the weight of both sets just by holding one in each hand and they both had identical tires on them and the HiPers felt just a tad lighter, but not by much.

You will be extremely happy if you choose the HiPer's and I've never heard of anyone actually breaking one of them.:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
+1 Love mine with my RAZR2's. I used to gingerly try to go around rocks :lol:
Its nice knowing the most expensive replacement part is $68. Good thing is (I'm guessing) if you do manage to have a failure you will still be able to finish what you started. Heavier than bone stock wheels...but those were stock w/o beadlocks. 8)

·
The UK's fastest Raptor
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ordered :)

went for OEM size and offset with black rings and double beads on the back. Gonna coat them with a new set of razr IIs.

3 weeks delivery time, can't wait :wootwoot:

she's gonna look :pimp:

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
good purchase man, you'll love em. I need to get some new rubbers to put on mine. I'm rolling on near slicks in the rear

1 - 11 of 11 Posts