Raptor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
1%ER VIP
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this guy at a shop quoted me by phone at $25 per wheel+tire mounting? Brand new Hiper Single bead lock, with new tires.
That's $100 are you serious??

·
1%ER VIP
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's just torque wrenched so he says it's s little tedious. Oh they are single bead lock (half-the work), I forgot to mention that to the guy.
I just got them new so I'm afraid of striping/breaking something. Maybe if they were dual bead locks then maybe more. But $100 is a lot for screwing on some bolts and inflating tires.

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
I believe they are to be torqued to 7ft lbs, I have hipers and I mount my own, the harbor freight bead breaker is great. Just don't over torque and you'll be fine

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
They are really easy to mount, the rings have to be torqued to 11 ft-lb max. You just need the torque wrench, a 3/8" 12 point socket, tire irons and antiseize.

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
sounds like you will be saving $60, getting a tire mounter and gaining experience. thats a win win. plus now you can charge your buddies $80 and gain some extra cash haha.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I did mine myself... a little WD 40 around the rim and I used an 18v impact to zip through the bolts once I had them all started. Quick and painless

1 - 8 of 8 Posts