Raptor Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was out playing and went through a mud puddle a little fast and water went everywhere and then motor stalled, there was water on the spark plug and tried to dry it up but had nothing on hand to stick in the hole to dry it, so i just flipped the quad over and drained it, and let it sit but still no success. Towed it home and let it sit for a week and it still wont start. I grounded out the spark plug and it does have constant spark. Can someone please help and tell me what else to check. Btw it is 04' 660

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Was out playing and went through a mud puddle a little fast and water went everywhere and then motor stalled, there was water on the spark plug and tried to dry it up but had nothing on hand to stick in the hole to dry it, so i just flipped the quad over and drained it, and let it sit but still no success. Towed it home and let it sit for a week and it still wont start. I grounded out the spark plug and it does have constant spark. Can someone please help and tell me what else to check. Btw it is 04' 660
On the right side of the head is a drain hole for the spark plug cavity, blow air into this hole and clean the water out of the sparkplug cavity, and change the spark plug............

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you WillyKiller. Blew it out and put old spark plug back in and it fired right up. On my way to buy a new spark plug just for the sake of it.. Appreciate the advice.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts