Raptor Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
04 raptor 660. 686 big bore with open airbox/k&n. Big guns slip on exhaust
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
The wire coming from the fan motor directly to a positive. Normally going to a switch attached to the plastics so currently they just twisted and exposed while I have the plastic off.

·
Master of the Electron
15,454 Posts
Read my previous post, please.

No offense, but I'm done helping with your running issues until your wiring is in proper order. Ask all you want about that. Here's the wiring diagram. Use the sticky, in 669 Maintenance, The differences between 01 and 02 CDI wiring explained to see how the two different sets of CDI conectors are wired. The color codes are the same for all years.

Attachments

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Well I appreciate the help so far. As far as the wiring I tried to get the key switch to work on a spare I had from my old 01 rappy. He has 3 wires tied into it and the key switch only has 2. It wouldnt run without all the wires being tied in the toggle. Wiring not my stong point I guess.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
There's a complete 03 wiring harness on ebay for $99 shipped, and an 04 for $200.
It may be worth it to just get a good used harness, plug everything together, and maybe go riding without any more work.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I got the wiring figured out. The picture with the flip switch had the brown and red wire that was supposed be for the key switch and two additional wires that lead straight to the battery side of the starter relay. I had a spare key switch that worked when I put the red and brown wire to. At least from my testing key off I get no power to starter cable but with key on I get 13v to starter when I press the starter button.
I just eliminated the flip switch and the two wires to the starter solenoid completely. This also allowed me to eliminate the key switch the PO wired into the negative cable that was under the seat.
Wiring issues resolved. At least from what I can tell without the motor in the bike. I'll know more Friday when parts get here and I can put the case back together.

·
Master of the Electron
15,454 Posts
Yay!

·
Registered
1 Posts
My brother was having the same rev liminator where it was hitting a wall. I am buying the caught and will see if this fixes my issue! Thank you

21 - 28 of 28 Posts