Raptor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone running one? I was out riding today and heard them on a TRX450 and it sounded pretty good. and what about the HMF fuel controller... Any good?

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Anyone running one? I was out riding today and heard them on a TRX450 and it sounded pretty good. and what about the HMF fuel controller... Any good?
I don't run one, but my buddy runs their duals on his KFX700, and his quad is just as loud as mine. Maybe even a little deeper. We ride the neighbor hood a lot, blessed with cool neighbors. They call us the Harley's on 4 wheels. Over all, I think HMF is a comparible company as some of the big names. However, I couldn't prove this on paper. More so my opinion.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I run an HMF slipon on my outlander, I can't speak of the one for the raptor but it sounds really good on my outlander, it has been on there for 5 years and has held up very well. The HMF fuel controller is a rebranded dobeck controller, they are not as versitle as the power commanders or MSD controllers but will get the job done.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I run an HMF slipon on my outlander, I can't speak of the one for the raptor but it sounds really good on my outlander, it has been on there for 5 years and has held up very well. The HMF fuel controller is a rebranded dobeck controller, they are not as versitle as the power commanders or MSD controllers but will get the job done.
I would hope that HMF would make a fuel controller that works with their exhaust. I just need a little more power without the "Loud". I really want duals but a slip-on at around $550 leaves me enough $$ to get a slip-on for the YFZ450 also.

·
Registered
615 Posts
On my outlander the HMF is LOUD but that is also on a V Twin with no quiet core. With the quiet core I think it sound like crap.

Most of your EFI controllers like the HMF optimizer, DMC, Big Gun, FMF are just rebranded dobeck gen 3 controllers but I think the internal programming is slightly different for the different companies. If you get onto tech quad shop and look through them you can tell they are the same if you look past the badging on them.

·
Registered
26 Posts
i just removed my full system HMF comp series w/ the inserts. it had a nice sound to it, but offered you a choice with the inserts. i'm selling them on the forum so if you'd like a HMF exhaust PM me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts