Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are your thoughts of HMF exhaust. Still trying to get a price...but i believe its the sport series with maybe 20 hrs on it. Any good or bad things to say about their exhaust. Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
I like my ballance system alot. I've had to repack it once already and you ship it to them and for like 30-50 bucks they redo it and get it back to pretty fast. eline makes a heat shield for them and they look cool.

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like my ballance system alot. I've had to repack it once already and you ship it to them and for like 30-50 bucks they redo it and get it back to pretty fast. eline makes a heat shield for them and they look cool.
Whats eline? I will have to look that up. That was gonna be my biggest complaint was no heat shield but can also buy some heat wrap. I guess for the right price anything is good haha.

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
they make carbon fiber parts. I think they still make them for the 700 hmf pipe.

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
alright ya i looked it up and found it. have you used one or seen one in person before?

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
yeah I got one for mine. Heres a pic of it. For the one by the rear plastic i had to rig up the stock on with 2 clamps and nuts and bolts.

·
Cola Crew
1,368 Posts
I too had the Bill Ballance Pro system on my 770 for about 2.5yrs and it was a Great system... I had a heat shield so that the back of my boot or leg did not get so hot...
Do not rap the mid pipe it will rust out very fast...

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I too had the Bill Ballance Pro system on my 770 for about 2.5yrs and it was a Great system... I had a heat shield so that the back of my boot or leg did not get so hot...
Do not rap the mid pipe it will rust out very fast...
rust out bc the wrap will retain the water till it dries out or warms up? i didnt think about that till you mentioned it.

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
That sucks I wonder if they stoped making them but I would call eline and see if they can make one for you. Most exhaust don't have heat shields, but most of dual ones do.

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
That sucks when you have to make your own. These companies should realize that they need a shield. I won't ride my cousins trx450 since he dosn't have one for his lrd system and every time I ride it I burn or melt my pants. Last summer my leg was buring with out the heat shield when I took the quad down the street and thats when I found the eline one and it's just enough to keep the radiant heat off your leg.

·
Registered
594 Posts
HMF's are pretty decent for the money and made in America

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Yeah the HMF's are a descent setup and the ballance pro has the tq. range modifier. If your going with a single you should go with the sparks though. My buddy just sold his ballance system to upgrade to duals. Do it right the first time and you wont take a big hit later on...

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah the HMF's are a descent setup and the ballance pro has the tq. range modifier. If your going with a single you should go with the sparks though. My buddy just sold his ballance system to upgrade to duals. Do it right the first time and you wont take a big hit later on...
Its not the ballance edition...i believe its the sport series. I was looking into sparks but im also trying to get this hmf for less than half of the cost of the sparks. Would i really feel that much of a difference between the two now (just the big 3) compared to down the road when cam and piston will get installed?

You going to the AMA race this weekend?

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Nah' you wont feel any difference with just a big3 but you wont need to upgrade the system later on and take a hit. I bought a white bros pro2 full system and upgraded to some barkers within a yr. I sold the WB setup for half what I paid for it LOL.

And yeah man I was thinkin about going down for the race! You live around here?

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
decisions decisions....i hate spending money twice if not three times. guess i'll wait on the the final selling price and going from there.

outside of salem actually. only been up to that track once but heard a lot of good stories from a friend who grew up racing there.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Yeah man do yourself a favor and just get the right setup on round one. You'll regret it if you dont trust me everybody does LOL And they all say the same thing at first too "I dont need all that extra HP! Just a little bit more and I'm good" LMAO!! Next thing you know they're craving more.

So yeah man there is some killer riding up here past the motorcross track also! Here check out jonescreek from my helmetcam! And another area up off the powerlines

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i understand what you mean...in the beginning i told my self no motor work what so ever now ive been looking in to some cams/ piston after i change exhaust....damn it :banghead: especially riding in sand you cant ever have enough.

That looks like fun for sure. Never knew they had trails up there. Im always looking for new places to ride. Probably pretty close to dry up there until last weekend?? I thought about going this weekend to the race but I have prior commitments. Instead im gonna try to hit the WORCS series next month.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts