Raptor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey are you guys running with the insert and spark in or out. I'm using the 027 map and I was just wondering. Thanx

·
Registered
163 Posts
running with both out.. and using the same map

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
I'm runnung with both out but not by choice the screen on mine melted and blew out after 10 min of ridding. The spark arrestor wont hurt performance though there is so little resistance

·
Registered
383 Posts
I was going to e-mail dynojet and ask if that map was for the Sport exhaust only (being the assumed base model) and/or if it was compatible with the full Ballance. But if you guys are using the map and it works fine then my question is answered.

·
Registered
383 Posts
How is the sound without the quietcore? Havent ordered my system yet and dont know if it was worth buying the core or not. If its already not too loud the neighbors might be able to handle the noise. Dont like pissing people off too much, haha.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
The quite core makes a big difference in noise reduction and very little hp loss, its almost not even noticeable with a seat dyno. w/o it the hmf spoet is very loud I've got the only hmf and the only 700 raptor in guam and I am noticably louder than all the other quads and the all the bikes. more and more places are required to adhere to the db limits and if your around neighboors I'd run it. There less likely to complain if your not inturupting Opra and waking all the babies within a couple of miles of your house.

·
Registered
163 Posts
it's loud.. i didnt install spark arrestor or quiet core.. i didn't expect it to be this loud..

·
Registered
383 Posts
You're right, I dont wanna interrupt Oprah when she's doing a book review. Haha. $20 is a small price to pay for some sound decrease. Especially in comparison to the cost of pipes.

·
Registered
579 Posts
When I have my quiet core in, it feels like it has more low end torque. You should always have a sparky in unless you are on a track. I dont think the quiet core is sold without the sparky on it. You can get the sparky by its self.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah the insert and the arrestor came with mine from motosport.com for no additional cost. I'm running with them in and runs good.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Ive had mine tested by a ranger
all sound tests are done between 2000-3000 rpm

103 no sparky or core
97.5-98 with quiet core

and when I run the core, i dont adjust the dobeck because im lazy, and yes to me it is noticeable, it bogs a little from running fat

1 - 12 of 12 Posts