Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
2008 SMX Series Champion HO
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought the HMF sport slip on today and put her on, me and a friend did some runs up and down the road to break the pipe in :grin_nod: 5 minutes later the cops show up w/ noise complaints. Never in the last 8 months of me blastin down the road have the cops ever showed up w/ the stock pipe.....THIS IS THE HMF LOUD GUARANTEE :lol:

This thing rips so much more now, I'm really happy w/ it ;)

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
Re: HMF is loud when Cop show up

HMF makes nice pipes but they are loud. Had one on my warrior and even it was loud hehe :lol:

Buddy has a HMF full system on his 450 and its alot louder than my quad. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,885 Posts

I have LTE' on my rappy and I have had the cops called on me more than 5 times, it is so bad now that when I was letting it idle in the driveway after i washed it, someone had already called the cops!

Sometimes I just hate people. :mad:

·
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I'm just runnin a cheap efi controller till I get a pciii. The pipe sounds great starting it up, but I let my buddy ride off on it and man you can tell a difference so much when you hear it fly past you and accelerate. W/ out the spark arrester disk the HMF is 100 decibls as Yamaha Tech told me today.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts

yea that is another thing, if you think your rappy is loud riding it, let someone else get on and floor it.... now you will see how loud it actually is :lol: :thumbsup:

·
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

b4 i just had intake and richened fuel curve. now w/ controller and pipe....big difference. pop the cluth in 3rd and 4th and it wheelies like never b4.

·
Registered
17 Posts

Yeah ive got an hmf sport and it is loud. Like they were sayin when you let somebody else ride it, it sounds awsome. The lady that lives next door to me hates me. She gets pissed every time i start it up she comes outside and just kinda starts at me she hadnt called the cops yet i fear the day is coming. I as well i got a large increase in power with the exhaust, ive got a pcIII and just bought the intake so well see what that does for me. Glad to hear you like your exhaust, i thought i was the only one that like em.

·
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

First words I heard about HMF is they are loud, that was enough to make me want one.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts

one day I changed the oil in the rappy and drove it up and down the street a couple times to get the new oil flowing. Anyways afterI had been riding for about 2 minutes there was a guy in about his mid 50's-60 and he was parked by my mail box and he just sat there and stared at me while I was working on it in my drive way, I kept looking at him and he had this scowl on his face so being the jackass that I am I start it back up and start reving it acting like I am trying to find something wrong with the motor :lol: then he starts to drive away and I follow him all the way to his house and I stare at him for a while... then he called the cops :thumbsup: He has his house upfor sale now! :lol:

G

·

I have a neighbor down the road who only singles out me, other people fly down the road and go on his land without permission but just singles me out. Its so bad me and the cops now are good friends, I guess thats good. some people should mind there own business. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
579 Posts

My friend conplains about how loud my quad is when he is behind me. The funny thing is, he rides a YFZ450 with an HMF also. :confused:

·
Registered
1,281 Posts

Ive called the cops on idiots drag racing in front of my house. Its not the noise that bothers me, its that the speeds they are driving are not safe on residential roads.

What if my 2 year old were to walk out in front of them? I watch my kids like a hawk when I am outside, but they are fast...... I dont need idiots blasting up and down my street on quads. I could care less if there are on the street putting around, but full out drag racing gets me on the phone with the cops in a hurry.....

·
Registered
41 Posts

TWO BROTHERS M-7 + GYTR HEADPIPE = NASTY LOUD :thumbsup: :grin_nod:

Attachments

·
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

I wanted to take her out for a test ride w/ the new pipe in the woods today but it started raining before i started to load up :( *sniffle* oh well, have to wait till tomorrow if not muddy, or just wait till the track saturday ::)

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.