Raptor Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2020 700R
9 Posts
Hey buddy, I bought mine in December as well and I haven’t sent it in yet but I will be soon, I will keep you posted, they said they believe they have fixed the software issue, guess we’ll see
Hey Mark S and all,

Good news - and essentially confirming what was already discussed - I just got off the phone with HMF. I asked for tech support, but after I described what the situation was she asked "do you have a 700 Raptor?". Much to my surprise I said yes. She said they are aware of the problem and are working on rolling out a revised Optimizer to take care of the error code. She did confirm that it is with error 39 and it is a false error and does not interfere with the use of the machine. She said they currently do not have any of the revised Optimizers but said they thought they would have some in within 3 to 4 weeks. Today is April 20, 2021 so hopefully they will have a solution before the end of May. She instructed me to call back in 3 to 4 weeks to see if they have received the new Optimizers and they would be able to warranty it out. On a side note, she was very nice to deal with and informative.

Unfortunately they did not know how to reset the error code. Has anyone figured out how to reset the error code without taking it to a dealership. Of course, I have tried leaving the battery disconnected for several minutes. She referred me to research on the internet, which of course I have, but have not found anything yet. Any info or experience is appreciated.

·
Registered
2020 700R
9 Posts
Are you still getting the 39 code after removing the hmf optimizer??
Hey Sixpack577,

If you are asking me I did not remove the Optimizer. It is still installed. The machine runs fine even though it has error code 39. I will wait for them to provide the updated Optimizer.

Reactions: Sixpack577

·
Registered
2 Posts
hello, I have had the same concern for a while.
raptor 2018
the raptor doesn't even want to start.
PC5 box and Custom Fuel intake.
I have checked all the cables, and the map in the box is still present.
if they have any solution for error code 39 please help us xd !
i will try to retake all in stock for look if error code 39 was deleted.

·
Registered
2020 700R
9 Posts
hello, I have had the same concern for a while.
raptor 2018
the raptor doesn't even want to start.
PC5 box and Custom Fuel intake.
I have checked all the cables, and the map in the box is still present.
if they have any solution for error code 39 please help us xd !
i will try to retake all in stock for look if error code 39 was deleted.
Hello zack973,

As far as I know the code 39 we are discussing on this thread is isolated to a specific batch of HMF optimizers. It sounds like they either have a bad batch of optimizers, or something changed on the 2020 Raptors that causes the computer to throw error 39 when using the optimizer. They didn't give me specifics, but that is what I interpreted from the conversation with HMF.

That being said, maybe you are experiencing the same issues coincidentally with different hardware. Just curious, did you experience the code 39 right away when installing the PC5 or did it happen hours later? I believe those of us with the HMF issue had it show up very soon after installation - like just and hour or two after installing. Also, with the HMF optimizer issue, it does not keep the machine from running normally. That is my experience and also was confirmed by HMF. Since yours doesn't start, you may very well have a true issue?

·
Registered
2 Posts
hello HeavyB93

the pc5 has been installed for 2 years. I rarely ride with it, at first I had trouble starting it, I changed the battery and it's getting better. but one day here I can no longer start it, otherwise before error code 39 appears it was working fine.

·
Registered
23 Posts
hello you guys i know this is extremely old but was there a fix to this code 39 issue

so i just installed a big gun slip on and a big gun power box that honestly looks identical to the hmf tuner. and right after installation i also got the code 39

my bike does turn on fine i havent ride it yet but i did let it idle for a few min and it idles fine but i do have that check engine light.
another thing i am seeing huge flames from my exhaust i thought by installing this tuner it should help with that

so i have no idea if im running too rich or too lean i didnt move anything on the tuner it was plug and play as how they send it with there settings.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts