Raptor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive searched for a while and really cannot understand the dobeck.. i now run 4: 7.30:7:6 with hmf slip on and lid off.. with these settings i get a crackle and pop sound after a hard accel.. it seems to run pretty good, but dobeck suggested 3.3:7.3:3.3:9 does that sound right?? is me being a 4 on the 1st pot causing me to pop and crackle?? and what is redline on the rappy?

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
Your going to get a thousand different opinions on the Dobeck settings, I run close to what Dobeck suggests. The only true way to have them set correctly is to have your rappy dyno tuned, I know it's more $$$ out of your pocket but you spent alot of money already. The only reason I haven't had mine dyno-tuned yet is because LRD Performance is going to be doing my piston,cam,port etc...

·
Registered
841 Posts
Im runnin an hmf slip on, k&n (lid on) and I have mine at 5 7 3 7 and it runs great, no pop crackle or hesitation.....the first pot is ur RPM I had yamaha set mine with the dobeck off and adjusted it from there....Im thinkin ur problem is ur 3rd pot (main jet) try backin off on it like a half at a time till its gone and see if that helps

·
Registered
177 Posts
Redline is 9000 rpm (ignition cuts out there) but peak power (stock motor) is at 6000. Some pipes have peak at higher rpms, but not many. Static piston velocity at 7250 rpms is over 4000' per minute (actual max velocity is higher) which is plenty fast so I conservatively set my own "redline" at 7500. There's not much power there anyway unless specific mods give it to you up that high. As far as your settings, dyno tune is the only real answer, otherwise it's trial and error. Good luck, you'll get there! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well for some reason i dont have a dyno near me, that i know of ... i live in ohio( central ohio) if anyone know of any let me know... and does the crackle come from too much fuel or not enough?? and you say my 3 pot is to high, i was told the 1 pot is the usuall suspect for decel pop..

·
Registered
841 Posts
07raptorgytr said:
well for some reason i dont have a dyno near me, that i know of ... i live in ohio( central ohio) if anyone know of any let me know... and does the crackle come from too much fuel or not enough?? and you say my 3 pot is to high, i was told the 1 pot is the usuall suspect for decel pop..
the first pot pretty much smooths out ur rpm's, if you go real high youll noticed it start to sound "odd" and as you go down u can hear the idle get smoother and as you go low it will start to sound odd also you wanna be right in the middle for that "smooth" sound........now the 3rd pot being high ur adding to much fuel and it will pop and crackle being that its not burning it as fast as its puttin it in.....just mess with it and let me know how it goes, Im almost positive it will help with ur problem

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well now this baffels me, i just went to adjust tonight and i have no lights on my dobeck. none. i rip on it and none light up, but it does run. thats my luck things go to shit, any suggestions. i checked my neg wire and is all tight..

·
Premium Member
6,554 Posts
The first pot is for idle only. What you need to do is get it warmed up and while the engine is idling slowly turn the pot back and forth until you reach max rpm- you can tell when you turn it down low the rpms drop slightly and when you turn it back up the engine smooths back up at a slightly higher idle and when you go to far it starts to putter out to slightly lower rpms, need to find that sweet spot. My settings are 5,5,2,9 but they probably arent much use to you since mine has alot more mods done to it and tuned on the dyno for my elevation/humidy/temp and so on.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok thanks, but like i posted before, my dobeck is acting funny. none of the lights will come on above the pots, ive adjusted all and makes no diff. in the way it runs. key word it does run.. i think my dobeck went to shit... any ideas

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.