Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a few questions to ask you all, I just installed my HMF slipon, Went on easy besides getting rid of all the exhaust leaks witch it still has lol, But the exhaust-header gets seriously HOT in like 2 minutes after it starts I mean like a summer BBQ is what it smells like, And it is really close to my fender behind my leg will it burn it? :banghead:

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
24 views and zero replys ?

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
Any other mods besides the slip on?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nope and the fuel controller is on its way its not installed yet but it did not get a little hot it got extremely hot in like 5 mins time

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea I figured that's what it was it should be on its way how do you all get rid of your exhaust leake and do u use a heat shield for the part of the pipe behind your leg

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Anyone have any ideal what to set the alba fuel controller to for a hmf slipon? Or what do they came set with people keep saying diffrent things some say 5/5/5/5 and some say 4/5/5/4

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bump anyone?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes sir I did

·
Registered
429 Posts
your wasting your time with fuel controller if u wanna control heat, riching it wont make exhaust cooler to be noticable if it would, piston you would have no more, if you wanna know if your running lean theres 2 symptomes, first of them all when u go full throttle if it runs like it wanna backfire and doesnt accelerate and makes odd bubbling sound after a certain point, this is to much air and not enough gas = lean, if this doesnt happen your not running to lean, then if you wanna be certain take a ride for 5 - 10 min chech your plug if your plug is grey white your running lean, if plug any brown or black on the spot or rich

and oh ya HMF slipon will get hotter for the reason your header is not an aftermarket header and it will conduct heat easily and hmf slipon are not the most highquality exhaust and they will take the heat

·
Registered
429 Posts
why would you be running leaner pal, you have same intake so what if your exhaust is bigger your got the same air flow, same flow = same air setting same gas setting same setting

just an example I got big 3 monster dual, big monster Adapter with KnN, hotcam 3, I did some test with fuel controller if I put it original factory setting the plug doesnt even go grey and barely backfires, so if I would want I could run without any fuel controller and if im riding responsability in 20 - 30 degrees It wont over heat and woudnt do dmg to engine but im always wide open and in hillclimbing so after a certain point tempeture light will come on but has nothing to do with temp of exhaust espacially tip

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ATVs don't have an oxygen sensor and I don't see a way for any FI system to adjust/tune itself without an oxygen sensor. Without an oxygen sensor to read the percentage of oxygen in the exhaust gases, the ECU wouldn't have any way to know when it was tuned correctly. That's the reason closed loop fuel injection systems like used on automobiles have an oxygen sensor. Any system that doesn't have an oxygen sensor, is an open loop system and an open loop system is pre-programmed with a "set of parameters" (fuel maps) to use.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ECU/changes the parameters. I don't think there's any FI system that can tune itself without an oxygen sensor. If so, I don't see how it would work.

·
Registered
429 Posts
true but he s oxygen setting or the same so he doesnt need a Fuel controller anyways man your money im a mechanic I do all my shit alone never sent to garage anything and your wasting your money with a fuel controller for just a slip on

·
Registered
437 Posts
You can run lean with just an exhaust because the extra exhaust flow out= more hp which needs more fuel and air. i have a stage 2 cam and springs and big bore monster pipes on my raptor and would never recomend running without a fuel controller. infact i got my raptor mad cheap because the previous owner put a dg bullet full exhaust on it with no contoler and granaded thwe piston. now as far as a slip on ges its basically the same as gutting the stocker so i dont see where its running to lean but prolly just gets hot cause the hmf doesnt handle the heat as well

·
Registered
429 Posts
You can run lean with just an exhaust because the extra exhaust flow out= more hp which needs more fuel and air. i have a stage 2 cam and springs and big bore monster pipes on my raptor and would never recomend running without a fuel controller. infact i got my raptor mad cheap because the previous owner put a dg bullet full exhaust on it with no contoler and granaded thwe piston. now as far as a slip on ges its basically the same as gutting the stocker so i dont see where its running to lean but prolly just gets hot cause the hmf doesnt handle the heat as well
exactly full exhaust might I say might lean it a bit but not slip on well not to be noticable exp raptor runs rich factory anyways its not bad investement for futur mods if you put it thatway

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.