Raptor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody using the quiet core with HMF full system? A lot of guys have said it seems to restrict flow big time. Just wondering if anyone uses different settings on their Dobeck while using the core.

·
Registered
219 Posts
My HMF QRS full pipe just showed up yesterday. I won't have it on until probably next weekend...(too many projects to get done before Christmas). This is the pipe that ATV Rider Magazine used in their shootout (I won it in their giveaway contest). Seems like it made about the same amount of power as the rest of them and came it at 95.7 dB, which is important to me. The endcap opening is huge compared to stock, and so are the header pipes, so I'm thinking it'll make good gains.

The sport series with quiet core can't be "too much different" from the QRS full system....

·
Registered
219 Posts
raptair700r said:
What do they do different on the QRS? Permanent quiet core or what?
Yes, it's pretty much the permanent quiet core model with a USFS approved spark arrestor. They claim that it makes 90% of the power of the sport series pipe and still meets AMA noise restrictions. Here's a link to their page on it.

http://www.hmfengineering.com/detail_qrs.htm

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hey raptair, you got any pics of your powerbomb on the quad? I may eventually do the same setup as you have (i.e. HMF slip on and powerbomb header)

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I never actually ended up getting the powerbomb. Money got tight, so I am still trying to get some idea of what I really want. Dont think i am gonna go that route anymore. I just have the pro flow and and dobeck right now. Thats why I have been asking a lot of pipe questions lately. raptor700ryder is running that setup though (powerbomb w/hmf).

·
Registered
216 Posts
i have an HMF with the quiet core on my Predator. The power is still good with the quiet core in but you can tell the difference. Not so much in the dirt......but defitely in the sand or any other place with good hook up. I don't care for the sound too much with the quiet core either. Now that i just got my Raptor, the Predator is the wifes. She prefers the quiet core because its not so loud....lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts