Raptor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my 700 to the dealer to find out why i was losing so much coolant well 700 bucks later i have a new radiator. WOW doesnt that seem a little steep?
What can i do to prevent another problem like that?

·
A-10 Crew Chief
1,143 Posts

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
I took my 700 to the dealer to find out why i was losing so much coolant well 700 bucks later i have a new radiator. WOW doesnt that seem a little steep?
Stop taking it to the dealer! A new stock radiator and fan costs 400$, a pwr radiator costs 400$, the dealer charged you 700$ see the difference

·
2008 SMX Series Champion HO
2,679 Posts
He took it like a Champ :eek:

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
I'm sorry you had to pay 700.00! I'm not sure how much OEM radiators cost, but regardless the price seems steep unless it took them several hours to pinpoint the problem. Most of the messed up Raptor radiators I've encountered where from a roll over. Some of them got their radiators repaired from 25-50.00 locally, and the others updated their stock radiator to a Fluidyne oversize one for $354. Please be sure to check the coolant the next few rides out to make sure everything is in tip top shape.

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
Don't go to a stealership and get a aluminum radiator guard. My pro armor guard has saved my radiator many times.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts