Raptor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I'm a newb. Owned my '01 Raptor for about 4 years now, but it's been sitting for the last 2 years. Before putting it away I changed oil and didn't start it until today. After running for about a minute I noticed oil comming out of the hole on the right side of the motor (see images below). What is that hole doing there:confused: and why is the oil coming out? Truely appreciate all the help I can get

·
Master of the Electron
14,544 Posts
So it's coming out of the hole that's centered in pic 1, just above the tan hose?

·
I am unique
22,620 Posts
Hello all,

I'm a newb. Owned my '01 Raptor for about 4 years now, but it's been sitting for the last 2 years. Before putting it away I changed oil and didn't start it until today. After running for about a minute I noticed oil comming out of the hole on the right side of the motor (see images below). What is that hole doing there:confused: and why is the oil coming out? Truely appreciate all the help I can get

If there is oil coming from that hole, you have an oil leak in the valve cover area around the sparkplug cavity, this can repaired by removing the valve cover and reseal the valve cover. If you should attempt this, TDC the engine and remove the timing chain tensioner first...........

·
Registered
4,834 Posts
Yep that hole is a drain for the spark plug. That way you dont get standing water around the plug. Or when you take the plug out you dont have a bunch of stuff fall in to the engine.

I take the spark plug wire off and blow air with an air compressor through that hole before I take the plug out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts