Raptor Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I`m looking to get a hc3 and maybe a 12:1 piston! How much horsepower gain has everyone seen with a HC3 only with supporting mods! I have a Trinity Stage IV exhaust (single) with their air filter no lid and the Trinity fuel controller!

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
I would get a HC2. I noticed the loss ioss of lowend when I had the three and I traded for a 2. You never really need the over-rev unless you're dragging.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Not in the capacity that would amount to anything. It gave me more over-rev but the trade off wasn't enought and the HC2 had plenty of top-end for racing. I would still go with the 2 and when you really want to build a serious motor go with a 5050 or Webb 4.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
I ran hc3 stock piston dynatek fci DMC duals and pc5 I loved it I never noticed the low end loss but I don't lug mine around a lot. I'm never below 2,000 rpm I bet. Now I run a 5050 and 10.75:1 +2 +1 porting with 70hp 50tq 734 going to a +2+2 head same cam but 13.5:1 778 54mm TB with 12:1 you gonna need race fuel or a mix maybe depending on elevation and other factors.

·
Registered
42 Posts
just my 2 cents worth i just did my bike with sparks x6 sparks intake 11to1 cp piston and stage 2 cam and last pc v love it 56 hp rear wheel

·
Registered
415 Posts
:thumbsup:
just my 2 cents worth i just did my bike with sparks x6 sparks intake 11to1 cp piston and stage 2 cam and last pc v love it 56 hp rear wheel
skinny, you are the only person i have seen who runs the sparks x6 other than me. and i just added the same mods as you, except my piston is the 11.5 tech cp. anyway you can help me out with that map? i can't really drive 200 miles to the nearest dyno. :banghead: i'd really appreciate it.

sorry now back to the topic at hand, what kind of riding do you do? if you are strictly dunin, idk if you would really notice, but i have never even seen a dune other than pics. :lol: i got the hc2 cause i ride nothing but tight woods trails where low end is a must have.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Just FYI me and my dad have the same build except he had the hc2 I have the hc3. After riding all last year and letting him ride mine he had me put a hc3 in his bike this winter. We ride mostly dunes but some trails and I have not noticed any bottom end loss but I did the piston at the same time so it feels like more power on bottom.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I haven't notice any low end power loss with my hc3.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Maybe its just me then. No use for a 3 though. Go HC2, 5050, or Webb 4. The 3 is a go between, it like the ,"Hey I've got a race cam!"; but in actuality........YOU DON'T. The two is great for a small amount of motor work then just make the jump to the big boy cams for the more serious stuff.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
I ended up going 5050 once I took engine apart. At that time I upped compresion and had head ported. I wouldn't use a hot cam as nothing but a simple cam for a non ported head. If you port the head might as well go big boy cam.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I wouldnt waste your time with the hc2 imo. Leaving a good 3.5 hp on the
table for a lowend loss with stock compression that is hardly noticable unless
You like grunting around right off idle. Plenty of dyno graphs out there to show
What im talking about. Been running the hc3 on stock comp with mods in sig and
Love it. :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
hey 135boom you like your dynatek ignition and fci? been thinking about them. the fci gain you any torque or just horsepower? also what did you gain with the dynatek ignition?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
hey 135boom you like your dynatek ignition and fci? been thinking about them. the fci gain you any torque or just horsepower? also what did you gain with the dynatek ignition?
Yeah definately. Those two mods are what starts giving you a topend that didn't
Exsist stock.....those and the hc3 with duals. Basically the six mod machine is what
Gets you a strong pulling topend that doesnt fall off. Gotta get my cp 11.5.1 installed
still and complete this stage of build atleast.
but yeah....both complment the quest for a full powerband. I highly recomend them and
the custom ignition map from daniel at hdd :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts