Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how much horsepower do u guys think these things have?? 8)

·
Registered
554 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,057 Posts
That dyno run says about 21 and a half, the other runs are with airbox and jetting changes. Considering the old warrior was around 18 I don't think 20 or 21 would be unreasonable on a large scale with reliabile data.

·
Registered
13 Posts
well i came across a guy with a vid on youtube, and i dont understand what he's sayin?
he says his raptor is derestricted and it has 47.9 hp. i think thats bs. and plus he even
says it does 78 mph. he says he has a full pipe, and k&n. If this is true, can someone
please tell me the derestriciting process.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9bV9i2Pero

·
Registered
497 Posts
bsgRacing said:
well i came across a guy with a vid on youtube, and i dont understand what he's sayin?
he says his raptor is derestricted and it has 47.9 hp. i think thats bs. and plus he even
says it does 78 mph. he says he has a full pipe, and k&n. If this is true, can someone
please tell me the derestriciting process.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9bV9i2Pero
Thats completely possible with those mods. Just remove the speed censor, add a 15T front sprocket and whammo.

·
Registered
13 Posts
seriously though, he says he only has an exhaust, intake kit, and its derestricted.
and a torque stuffer which adds like 1.5 hp. I dont think these mods would push it
to 48 hp. thats just crazy. But i'm not familiar with derestricting, so once you remove
the speed sensor its derestricted right?

·
Registered
7 Posts
The Horsepower I'm not sure of but when i bought my 05 350 raptor it did about 75mph stock and ive got a stage 2 jet-kit full exhaust and 15t sprocket up front and i fly by cars that are doing 70 but i'm not sure on a top speed....

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Sorry bro- theres not a 350 raptor that would hit 75mph (bone stock)!
I believe 66 mph is tops (stock) and thats with the wind blowing at your back, and it takes a lot of road to get that far! A full exhaust, intake, filter, piston cam, serious port work, carb, bore and stroke kit; that sounds somewhat more realistic for 48hp.
"Iloveraptors"-there talking about 350's, not 700's!

·
Registered
7 Posts
sorry I beg to differ stock i hit 73 n a field so a road would b alot faster

·
Registered
30 Posts
i believe the top speed of a rappy 350 would be around 60 if completely stock.....i drove next to my brother in law and i past him and he was doing 55 he said....

·
Registered
13 Posts
wow, damn 75 stock! a 350! not a 700! AMAZING... i kno
why you were flyin by those cars, because they were goin
in reverse so it seemed like you were goin that fast :lol:

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
lol...stock on the blacktop my raptor 350 did 65mph...and with a 15t front sprocket it does about 70mph.....naw there's no way i stock 350 well do 75..maybe with some Engine mod's and the right gearin you might hit 75 or so...... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
jetd350raptor said:
sorry I beg to differ stock i hit 73 n a field so a road would b alot faster
I could see with a pipe and proper gearing and a low riders weight, that its reasonable to say 73 mph (going downhill).
However, a stock 350, untouched, wouldn't hit 73. Think about what your saying, that is 1 mph away of the claimed top speed of a stock 660!

·
Registered
22,016 Posts
04RAPTOR350BOY17 said:
lol...stock on the blacktop my raptor 350 did 65mph...and with a 15t front sprocket it does about 70mph.....naw there's no way i stock 350 well do 75..maybe with some Engine mod's and the right gearin you might hit 75 or so...... :thumbsup:
Maybe if it was Chuck Norris powered.....Horsepower infinity.

You're lucky if a Raptor 350 does 50-55 mph tops.

~Brian

·
Registered
554 Posts
There is no speed sensor on the Raptor 350. And I would find it extremely hard to believe any Raptor 350 getting into the 70's without some major engine work and some pretty tall gearing.

By radar gun my 350 did 59-60 mph stock on blacktop consistently. After adding an HMF, jetting, GYT-R intake and no lid it did 62-63 mph by radar gun. It did however increase the rate at reaching that speed pretty well though. Think these guys claiming anything above 30 hp or 70 mph better be whipping out a dyno sheet or have the speed clocked by a radar gun.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Well i just got off my quad raptor 350and i ran 66 mph.
for mods i have a dr.d pipe and a 14 tooth sprocket.
i tested mine with a GPS. but i was running out of road so
i had too look fast and i just got a little look on the Gps.
so tommorrow i'm going too do it again.
so i will post my MPH. also whats stock horse power and speed and
what would you guys say my horse power should be?

·
Registered
44 Posts
65 is the stock speed, I kept up with the 660 and he told me he no more left. Towards the end yeah he did wheelis but I kept up with the whole way

1 - 20 of 53 Posts