Raptor Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
I have a 04 Raptor 350 with EVERYTHING done to it I mean everything its a 446 oversized valves carburator EVERYTHING with a 17tooth on the front and I doubt it does 75 mph I have a 700R and the power isn't even comparable 2 valves just aren't enough

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
The only thing I can say about the warrior-raptor 350 is that those motors are indestructible..seriously...you could beat on them things forever.. a buddy has one and rides it all year around all of the...Its a mid 80's warrior- and the motor has never been touched..nothing...
He beats the piss out of it too. his tops out at 43-45mph. no mods either. A few things had to be replaced because of rust including the stock exhaust,..but that still isnt bad. as far as HP goes and top speed....it wouldn't reach 75 or 80 if we pushed it off a 2000ft cliff! :lol:

·
Registered
30 Posts
a rappy 350 wont will barely do 50-55.......i passed my brother in law in his truck when he was doing 55..... :lol:

·
Registered
22,016 Posts
rt said:
The only thing I can say about the warrior-raptor 350 is that those motors are indestructible..seriously...you could beat on them things forever.. a buddy has one and rides it all year around all of the...Its a mid 80's warrior- and the motor has never been touched..nothing...
He beats the piss out of it too. his tops out at 43-45mph. no mods either. A few things had to be replaced because of rust including the stock exhaust,..but that still isnt bad. as far as HP goes and top speed....it wouldn't reach 75 or 80 if we pushed it off a 2000ft cliff! :lol:
If they would only make that motor water cooled.

~Brian

·
Registered
262 Posts
Has nothing to do with it being air cooled. Look at the 400EX About the same deplacement the difference being one has 4 valves and one has 2 valves. they get 55 WHP out of 400ex's stroked and done right

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
I agree and disagree about a water cooled motor....no engine power has to be diverted to run the waterpump. And you don't have to worry about a water pump going out...I think a water pump would make it more efficient in the cooling department possibly adding the hp that would be otherwise taken away from the energy required to turn it.
FYI Rap junkyard . My buddy a has a 400 ex that is stock stroke and bore, but is loaded with other engine mods/pipe/..ect and it dyno'd a hair under 50 HP. Heres a pic of the bike even though I don't have a dyno sheet...ANd no,..it wasn't dyno'd on trinity's dyno either :lol:

Attachments

·
Registered
262 Posts
Ya 5 more WHP from the stroke and the bore lol ...I've seen some fast 400ex's at glamis thats for sure one comes to mind was a 480cc way Weight Reduced and alchohol guy claimed it dyno'd at 57 WHP it walked my buddies fully ported 350 banshee up the hill. I'd like to race that guy now with my bike

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Ya, 57 hp for a 400 ex is freakin smok'n.
When my rappy had just the ct pipe and intake kit, we raced (my buddy): I got him off the line everytime, but he had a massive power surge through his midrange that would let him slightly pass me (half a quad length), I eventually passed him back up around the top of 3rd gear and he stayed about half a quad behind me until his gearing topped out. He has a nicely built motor...
Dude-with the build you got now, you could give him a head start and still smoke him. :lol:

·
Registered
305 Posts
I got a fully built 350 (430cc) that i was hoping to get 40hp out of. Now thats its done (and not dynoed) rideing it doesnt even feel like its got the 40hp. My stock 700R with 37ish HP feels much faster. Could just because of low end torque.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Ya you won't feel the torque of the smaller motors as much, the power band is peaky. Which is why they give you 6 gears to keep it in the power band. I wish my 660 had 6 gears,..the last one set real high for road cruising! :lol:

41 - 53 of 53 Posts