Raptor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This might be a stupid question but ive never did any kind of raptor motor work.I was just looking at a manual to take a cam out,is the only main peace i have to remove is the head of the cylinder?and from what the guide says i can just use a sealent when i put it back together,not needing a gasket.Ive done warrior cam installs which were super easy how does this compare to that?

·
Registered
639 Posts
ok here is how to do it, remove top motor mount, then remove the cam chain tensioner bolt the the housing, then remove the spark plug, then remove the oil line that goes to the head, then remove the cover that goes over the intake valves, then remove all of the bolts holding the rocker cover on, remove the valve cover. after that remove the cam gear and pull out cam, stick in new (with assembly lube) reassemble and torque everything, loc-tite the cam gear blots and yes use a grey permatex rtv or yamabond to seal it. make sure and go step by step with the manual, and make damn sure you get the cam to crank timing right otherwise you will be doing it again.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sweet sounds easy enough,Thank you

1 - 3 of 3 Posts