Raptor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm ignorant about hot cams. I've seen them advertised. was wondering do they add top end, if so do they take away from your bottom end or just give you more of a power range. are they worth the time and money. are they more tempremental than stock and basically again are they worth it. what kind of maintenance do they need, do they last , ect, ect ect... any help.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I have never had problems with Hotcams and I installed a bunch of them. If I look at the Hotcams web site where they posted the 700R dyno runs, the stage 2 will drop some of the low end power. A stage 1 Hotcam on the other hand will not and will still give you good gains. If you are trail rider need lots of low down, go for the stage 1 cam. A guy who races the 700R and don’t need lots of low down power, might go for the stage 2.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what about reliability? Once you install one is there anything more that you have to do or worry about?

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
Personally, I would wait untill you see some comparisons between the Hot cams, Webs and Mega cycle cams before you choose the Hotcam. You may get a lot more bang for your buck out of the web Stage I or II or the mega cycle X1 than you would out of the stage I or II hotcam. I just never have been impressed with the numbers the hot cams make, but that's just my opinion take it for what it's worth ;)

·
Registered
17,851 Posts
RaptorRandy27 said:
Personally, I would wait untill you see some comparisons between the Hot cams, Webs and Mega cycle cams before you choose the Hotcam. You may get a lot more bang for your buck out of the web Stage I or II or the mega cycle X1 than you would out of the stage I or II hotcam. I just never have been impressed with the numbers the hot cams make, but that's just my opinion take it for what it's worth ;)
Yeah....... What do you know...... :unsure: (j/k :lol: :lol: :) :thumbsup: )

Yeah, I'm waiting for #'s as well.. I would like to see the difference between the Webs and Hot Cams :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
Krandall said:
RaptorRandy27 said:

Yeah, I'm waiting for #'s as well.. I would like to see the difference between the Webs and Hot Cams :thumbsup:
I don't know much ;) :lol: but I know that the hot cams weren't worth a shit performance wise in the YFZ's and 660R based builds.
I don't see the Hot cams being much different in the 700R based builds, but again that's just my opinion for what it's worth :unsure: :)

·
Registered
305 Posts
RaptorRandy27 said:
Krandall said:
RaptorRandy27 said:

I don't know much ;) :lol: but I know that the hot cams weren't worth a shit performance wise in the YFZ's and 660R based builds.
I don't see the Hot cams being much different in the 700R based builds, but again that's just my opinion for what it's worth :unsure: :)
I agree with all the previous statements. I wouldnt go with hotcams myself either. I personally would go with a web, but a megacycle cam is just as good and I have no problem running either megacycle or web.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.