Raptor Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I bought a top end setup for my 660 that I am rebuilding, the seller told me it was a stage 2 hot cam but I have not had any luck confirming this, It says HOT CAMS on it and has a number on the bottom of one of the lobes it is
WW-HCFC
NO:50
I have tried multiple searches and found no luck, I tried calling them but they were closed, and I wanted to start putting this back together this weekend.. Thanks for any help fellas

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
What valve springs are in the motor? If they are double springs(small one in a bigger one) then it is most likely not a stage 1 cam. I can't recall what mine says on it for sure. But mine is a stage 3 cam... If you don't have the dual springs then its either a stage one cam or if it is a stage 2 you will need valve springs.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the head does have double valve springs,, I know that would lead to believe that it is a stage 2 or 3, I just dont know how to be sure,, You would think that a company that specializes in this market would have some kind of easily Identified part number system.

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
They do, the 2 digit number is the last 2 digits of the part number.

11 is stage 1
05 is stage 2
50 is stage 3

I know other members have posted this information here a few times but coming up with the proper search results can be difficult sometimes.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
They do, the 2 digit number is the last 2 digits of the part number.

11 is stage 1
05 is stage 2
50 is stage 3

I know other members have posted this information here a few times but coming up with the proper search results can be difficult sometimes.
MD knows it all How do you do it anyway:eek:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That is not what I wanted to hear,, Cant use the stage 3 just running a stock head setup with an 11:1 wiseco piston..

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
That is not what I wanted to hear,, Cant use the stage 3 just running a stock head setup with an 11:1 wiseco piston..
You need the proper springs and shorten the center intake guide, that's it.......

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You need the proper springs and shorten the center intake guide, that's it.......
I know this topend came from a running bike so I guess it was setup to work together, but I thought that the stage 3 was only for the ported head, stroker engine fellas with the dual exhaust. I have a full yoshi system, jetted stock carbs, with a carb spacer, deleted airbox lid, with outerwear cover, and do mostly trail riding, only race when there are enough people who are wanting to line up. I figured the stage 2 was the route to go,, thought the stage 3 was for top end screaming. If I am wrong Please educate me, thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,166 Posts
my understanding is that the stages affect the power curve. stage one is bottom end, stage to is bottom to mid and stage 3 is mid to top...

·
Premium Member
2,359 Posts
Stage 3 will be fine with your slightly higher compression, yoshi system, and airbox mods. Yes you won't see the FULL potential of it without porting or a stroker but it will run 100% fine without those. In the future having a stage 3 will allow you to see more from porting.

Or - Post it up for sale/trade ... maybe someone is looking to upgrade from stage 2.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Stage 3 will be fine with your slightly higher compression, yoshi system, and airbox mods. Yes you won't see the FULL potential of it without porting or a stroker but it will run 100% fine without those. In the future having a stage 3 will allow you to see more from porting.

Or - Post it up for sale/trade ... maybe someone is looking to upgrade from stage 2.
The original thread is almost a year old I just happen to find it with the google search and it gave me tthe information I needed

1 - 12 of 12 Posts