Raptor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently put a Yoshimura Exhaust on my 660 Raptor. After I installed the exhaust and rode around the yard for bit I noticed the header pipes got so hot they were glowing orange. Is this a bad thing?

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Did you rejet the carbs for the change in exhaust, and the Yoshi pipe is thinner and will show its heat faster, exhaust temperature will get as high as 1200 degrees F..........

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wasn't sure if i needed to rejet the carb since i took one header pipe off and put another one on. what kind of rejetting do you recomend?

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
wasn't sure if i needed to rejet the carb since i took one header pipe off and put another one on. what kind of rejetting do you recomend?
What type of header was on it before and was it similiar in size...........

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Make sure you are using #25 pilots, and up the mains about 5 numbers and maybe raise the needles, are you using aftermarket needles..............

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is my first modification as far as the engine goes, so everything is stock, pilots,mains, needles, it all the original stuff.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
This is my first modification as far as the engine goes, so everything is stock, pilots,mains, needles, it all the original stuff.
Then I suggest getting #25 pilots and bigger mains..........

1 - 8 of 8 Posts