Raptor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone post a good link to research and buy a Hot Rods +4mm crank for the 660 please also your apinions on these and if there is anything better

·
Registered
210 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
I prefer the cranks and rods built by Barker. You can run the 4 or 6 mil with off the shelf pistons. Hotrods needs a special offset pin piston. www.coalshedracing.com carries them as well as some other shops. We (Top Secret Racing) have been running his cranks/rods for almost 3 years and they have never failed. These are drag engines that see nothing but WFO nearly every weekend.Our Latest one is a 794cc(+6mil crank 106mm bore) alky burning drag chassis raptor.

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
I've seen some good deals on the hotrods crank/rod on Ebay, not sure if you have any reservations about buying parts from there or not but the prices seem right. The Barker 4mil setup with an off-the-shelf 11:1 Wiseco piston is within 50 bucks of the cost of the hotrods setup with their custom piston. My recommendation would be to use the Barker setup, the rod on that setup is indestructable and you have the same piston choices as someone with a non stroker motor. I run the 6mil in my personal motor and love it but it is 250 more expensive than the 4mil.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts