Raptor Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hotcams said they will starting shipping production near the end of the month. Im just passin the word out.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just an update for those who want hot cams. They are going to start shipping on 02/27/2007

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I contacted then directly. I would assume local shops who already carry Hotcams .. would have them. They might be gone fast though. The guy said a lot was on backorder.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Here is some more info for you about the Hot Cams:
Stage1:
Intake lift = 9.6mm 253.5 Degrees of duration at .040"
Exhaust Lift - 8.6mm and 243 Degrees of duration at .040"

Stage 2:
Intake Lift = 10.3mm and 253.5 duration at .040"
Exhaust lift = 8.6mm and 243 @ .040"

The stage one and two are pretty much the same except for the lift on the intake valves. Also both cams are direct drop in cams and can be run with stock valve springs.

For those of you that are bad with a calculator the stage 2 hot cam has a smaller lift than the megacycle x1. But the hot cam does have more duration than the x1 cam.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Does anybody know the price on one of those bad boys?

·
Registered
262 Posts
what kinda gain can we expect with just drop in cams.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I'm very interested as well.

And does anyone know the stock cam specs?

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Its going to be right under $200 I think. Like around 180$ or so. Im curious to know how much you can gain from these also.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Thats not bad. You got me all fired up about it Ice. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Ok, ok , my brain hurts but I figured out a formula to find out what has a greater intake between the Hot cam 2, and the Megacycle x1 judging by the hot cam has a greater duration and the x1 has a greater lift. I just need to know the specs on the Megacycle x1. does anybody know the hieght of the lift? :3question:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Ice4me said:
Hotcams said they will starting shipping production near the end of the month. Im just passin the word out.
I think i can speak for every raptor 700 owner and say "finally"

·
Registered
305 Posts
Sorry if i dont understand, but whats the big deal with hot cams? I have heard that much good on hotcams. The info on this cam doesnt look to be that agressive and a price of under 200 isnt any cheaper then megacycle or webcams, so what am I missing?

·
Registered
305 Posts
The only thing i could think of is no core. Or atleast i though i read somewhere that hot cams dont have core charges. But i personally have no problem with sending in my old cam. But other then that i dont think the product or price is really any better then the others. But seems to be a big thing that they are comming out with something. So what am i missing?

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well I was just passin the word out. I havent did anymore research than that. All I know is that they "finally" are coming out with them.

Better than the other cams. Dont know as of now. Just like Tim barker dual exhaust that is "finally" coming for the 700. Better than the other duals? Dont know as of now.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Can anyone confirm the core or no core deal with hot cams?

·
Registered
123 Posts
im 99% sure that ALL hotcams are no core-meaning you dont have to send in your old one

·
Registered
305 Posts
Thanks rappy. Thats what i thought i heard somewhere. So far thats the only advantage i can think.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts