Raptor Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have duels, K&N, PC3 and 15T.

I can't make up my mind, Hot Cams Stage 2 or Web Stage 1.
Both of them are billets and drop in cams.

I need more top end power and over rev.
Is there some dynos to prove the facts?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Consider the cost first, from my experience and research the web stage 1 isn't much better then stock jmo. If you have to go web go stage 2 or better and get those springs while your there, otherwise the hotcams stage 2 is a great option and a good performer. There is a topic started here with the same type of comparison so do a search for it.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I don't know whichone is better, but if i have to go with one of the two,i'll choose stge 2 hotcams because i'll have more top end power with the same mods as stage 1(without springs)

G

·
Stage 2: single-cam motor. Excellent top-end and great over rev. Uses stock auto-decompression mechanism. Uses stock valve springs and rockers.

That is what Hot Cams claims.

·
Registered
793 Posts
If I had to buy again it would be Hotcam stage 2 instead of web stage one. Some folks pushed me to get web even though there were no numbers (besides what hotcam claimed) on these cams yet. I listen to them :mad:

BTW .. web stage 1 is better than a factory cam! Who told you otherwise. Are you kidding? The web 1 will give a little more power on top end all out. Hot cams 2 much better mid and up close to top.

Im not 100 % sure on this but I believe you loose more low end with this hot cam 2 and not loose as much with the web stage 1. For overall power though hotcam has it.

·
Registered
242 Posts
No I'm dead serious, in my testing the stock cam was just as good as the web cam st1, thats why I said my opinion, no need to flame or become sarcastic, just explaining what I have encountered.

G

·
Well hopefully if I get my cams in next week I can take it to the shop and get the 11:1 and HC Stage 2 put it and get it on the dyno.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the info, I will get the cam and do a full custom map. I will post the results. Let’s try the Hot Cams Stage 2.

If I don’t like it I'll sell it. I do agree that there are many better and stronger cams available. But this is just for a simple drop in mod.

·
Registered
793 Posts
rednbluerider said:
No I'm dead serious, in my testing the stock cam was just as good as the web cam st1, thats why I said my opinion, no need to flame or become sarcastic, just explaining what I have encountered.
Flaming? And I missed also where I was being sarcastic. I just asked who told you different. And "are you kidding me" is a general statement when you think someone is saying something that is hard to believe. I believe most builders think it is better. So thats why Im trying to figure out how you came to that conclusion.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
stage 2 all the way. just installed it in mine, with a 12.5 to 1 piston. most bikes couldnt even keep up with me climbing sand mountain in utah.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts