Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my Raptor like 4 days ago and don't want to ride it a lot before I get an hour meter installed (not to mention the weather here sucked the last few days). I have searched the forum and only found a few pictures of peoples' Vapor installs and 1 factory Yamaha hour meter. I want to get a simple hour meter just to keep track for maintainence and really don't want to mount it so it's visible... somewhere under the seat or out of the way and protected. Any one else have pics of what hour meter they use and pics of it? Thanks!

Here's the picture Jeremy uploaded of his Yamaha Deluxe Hour Meter:

·
Registered
103 Posts
I've fitted mine to the Handle bar cover :thumbsup:

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MONSTERMATT said:
FUKK THAT VAPOR THING
Any reason you feel so... strongly about the Vapor? Last I read they sorted the tach problem out.

·
Registered
575 Posts
i just bought my vapor a few weeks ago, nice install and everything works(if you figure out ur tire size, still kicking my ass on that one)

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I did a little running around today and found this Briggs & Stratton hour meter. It's small, cheap, and keeps track of run time, exactly what i wanted. Here's a few pics of it and how I mounted it. I couldn't find a better place to keep it dry/clean than in the airbox, so that's where it went!

·
Registered
575 Posts
hows wrapping that around the spark plug wire working for you ? the vapor says to but if you read on here and just plug it into the back side of the distributor then it works just fine :) here is the vapor with the mounting bracket thingy they send...

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Chet said:
hows wrapping that around the spark plug wire working for you?
it's working... it's ugly having it there though. i never read that on here! i'll do a search and read about it. i'd like to move it if i can.

the vapor is sweet. i plan on getting one, but i'm gonna go with the dash mount with the longhorn fat bars from rocky mountain. just need to save up the money. until then, the $20 lawn mower hour meter will work for me! thanks for the wiring suggestion!

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok, call me crazy, but I couldn't find anything saying where to plug/splice the wire in. Does anyone have a picture of where it should go?

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So I would just put my red wire into that connector with the black wire going into the coil input? Seems easy enough, I'll give it a try. Thanks for the link!

·
Registered
575 Posts
yes it is very simple, let me know how it works for you.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well i went out and looked at it.. i decided not to splice it into that connector and just wrapped it around the sparkplug wire right after it comes out of the coil. it should still work and now it's out of the way and out of sight. now when i get a vapor for it this little hour meter shouldn't be in the way (i plan on keeping it installed too, just as verification). thanks for the help though!

·
Registered
103 Posts
dellaquila said:
oic10z said:
I've fitted mine to the Handle bar cover :thumbsup:
any pics of that?
Got heaps but dont know how to load them up to post?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Here's the Pic :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
575 Posts
haha..those are some big ass gauges on there...

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
He's got some big ass gape going on too. Do you use a tennis ball or a bowling ball to plug that tailpipe? :grin_nod:

·
Registered
478 Posts
I was wanting to install a small dial type tach on mine awhile back but no one had done it yet. oi10c how did you wire that up?? Thanks. Dial is so much easier (in my opinion) to glance at and be able to read then digital. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts