Raptor Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im trying to make a programmer for my 660.
I seen the one posted in the raptor 700 forum.
and ive tried google.
can anyone tell me how to make one i have the serial port, 9v battery connecter, wire.
If anyone can help me with a pinout or something.
thank you

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Make it? Or buy it? Never seen anyone make one from scratch!

·
Master of the Electron
15,622 Posts
You want to make your PC (or smart phone) capable of writing to a programmable Dyna CDI, correct?

Why wouldn't the version you've seen for the 700 work? I assume it's just RS232, either logic level or true RS levels (or USB)... and the one made to communicate with the 700 version would most likely communicate with the 660 version as well.

The issue lacking is - what is the communications protocol and what is the data configuration? Does the 700 write up include HOW to talk to the device? Although the 660 will be similar, there will be different programmable variables, I assume.

Give me a link to what you found in the 700 section and I'll take a look.

Keep in mind that the 660 version of the programmable CDI is likely to have a lot fewer programmable paramaters - likely only the ignition advance curve... where the 700 will have things relative to fuel injection and other variables also.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
The latest version I have has data logging also, it can tell you how many starts, how long the engine has ran, if you have throttle switch, you can programe timing curves per the throttle switch, it can tell you the highest rpm the engine has ran and how long it has been at that rpm, you can programe timing curves and rev limiters, it also has functions to turn switches off and on at certain rpms wherever you want, such as a light for indicating what rpm you are at or even if you are using NOS, you can turn this on and off, and you can do all the bikes that the cdi is made for...........
Unless you like doing this kind of stuff, why wouldnt you just buy one???

·
VALVE DROPPER
940 Posts
I have a programming cable for the Dynateks if you need one. Let me know..

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I made the 700 cable before I knew it was for the 700. I will buy the wiring if I cant make one. And I have the program on my PC. If yall need more info lmk.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
you can buy the cable and software for $100 new
mike

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
DOH!!! Now i get it LOL sorry.

·
Master of the Electron
15,622 Posts
Give me the link to the 700 version, please?

·
Master of the Electron
15,622 Posts
Glad to hear it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts